Chapter 8 - Broken Glass [Kyon Rae Scene]

Written by Karree, your favorite two-timer~

KYON RAE'S POV

"Hoseok! Where are you?!" I said, walking through the empty school hallways, speedily.

Where'd he go off to?

I examined every single corner that I passed, making my eyes on the lookout for him. Trying to catch a glimpse of him walking around or something.

How many hallways have I walked through?

"Like a shit ton," I thought, sulking.

"Those guys could've gave me some more fucking information," I grumbled, kicking a nearby cerulean blue trash can over. It spilled onto the white marble tile ground, the contents on wide display for everyone.

A slouched janitor that was sitting down on the window sill got up from his break and narrowed his eyes at me. He was an old man, around his 60s, with stringy grey hair and drooping wrinkles that covered his prune-like face.

"Like a bulldog," I thought to myself, amused at his reaction.

"Ya! You can't be kicking trashcans like that, this is a school that takes pride on its cleanliness," the janitor screeched, holding his fist up in the air. "Pick that up and clean up what you just did!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, I really don't care," I said, brushing past him. "I don't have time for this."

While turning another corner, I heard him swear at me, in the distance.

"Couldn't say it to my face, huh? Most people can't," I thought, a tiny smile forming on my face.

Except her.

She was the only exception to that rule.

20 Minutes Ago

"Where are you going, Kyon Rae? Aren't you going to practice with me?" Soo Ae asked, re-doing her ponytail.

"I've gotta go look for someone, okay?" I answered, tapping my shoes.

"Someone.. You're not talking about Hoseok, right?" she questioned, looking at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Because you know he's bad news."

"I've known him longer than you have, Soo Ae. I get that you're trying to help and all but I think I know him better," I remarked, placing my right hand on my hip. "We dated, after all."

"..You forgot that I dated him back in middle school, way longer than you guys did, right?" Soo Ae mentioned, stopping what she was doing.

I froze.

They did.

How could I forget?

When she saw my expression, she grimaced and looked away from me, for a second.

"Fuck.. Shit, I didn't mean to be bitchy by saying that, Kyon Rae," Soo Ae said, taking a deep breath. "I was just saying-"

"Nah, I got you, girl. Don't worry about it," I replied, forcing a smile onto my face.

She stared at me, before answering.

"You sure, Kyon Rae? You know, I didn't mean to," she started off.

"No, seriously. I gotcha," I responded back, waving her off with my hand. "Its uh.. all good."

Right?