Chapter Two

Changing Stefan

Chapter Two

The thought of going to back to school after almost a year had me terrified. I could barely remember what school was like anymore, it had been so long.

Caroline had promised me that she would hang around with me and help me make friends so that meant I didn't have to worry about being alone.

"Hey Elena, are you ready?" Caroline called.

Before leaving the bathroom I checked my reflection in the mirror. I decided to wear something simple that would help me blend in with the crowd. I wore a dark purple vest top with skinny jeans and a black jacket.

"God, finally I thought you were never gonna leave that toilet." Caroline remarked.

I gave her a small smile and she raised her eyebrow at me.

"There's no need to be nervous pretty much everyone here is nice." Caroline told me as she linked arms with me and pulled me out the door.

After locking it we headed downstairs and out onto campus. I felt slightly uneasy at how many people there were. As they passed us their gazes held on me, realizing I was new.

"So first we gotta take you to reception and get your timetable." Caroline said.

"I hope I have a class with you."

Caroline looked thoughtful for a second,"well that depends what are you taking?"

"I'm studying English lit and history." I replied.

Caroline frowned, "Oh I'm taking Art and Design."

We stepped into a building that looked fairly new. Caroline showed me to the reception where they gave me a timetable, Caroline looked over it quickly.

"You have some fairly decent people in your class," she started "Kyra's in your class so that's good, just watch out for--

"Hi I'm Damon." A boy with dark hair and vivid blue eyes stared at me or more like examined every inch of my face, I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks.

"She's not interested." Caroline replied glaring at Damon, he returned the gesture.

"Just as I'm not interested in what you have to say," he turned away from her and smiled at me "Heard your taking English lit right?"

"Yeah." I replied, I tried to sound causal, but my voice sounded too high and odd.

"Good I'm guessing we have that class together I'll take you." he gave me another lopsided smile that caused little butterflies in my stomach.

"She doesn't need an asshole to take her, I'm taking her." Caroline told him.

"I thought you said she doesn't need an asshole to take her," he said "anyway didn't your class start like fifteen minutes ago?"

Caroline mumbled a few choice words then apologised to me before running off. Once she was out the door Damon turned to me.

"Elena is it not?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"You know that's all you've said to me today." Damon laughed.

"Sorry, I'm just slightly anxious." I explained.

"About what?"

"This whole social interaction stuff I'm mean I'm completely foreign to it all." We had walked out of the building where the reception was and were know heading towards a building that looked exactly the same, I was definitely going to get lost.