-1-

"Daniel James Howell!"

Dan's mother frustratedly tapped her foot against the wood floor with crossed arms, staring down the lethargic and distracted boy that was presented in front of her, slouching on the couch. Dan pitter-pattered away at his phone, only semi-listening to his mother's urgent wailing.

"Yeah, mum?" Without looking up, Dan responded, almost mumbling, which pissed off his mother to a greater extent.

She suddenly reached a breaking point, unfolding her arms and snatching the phone away without question. Dan whined, and attempted stealing the phone back, to no avail. Eventually giving up, Dan stopped his whining and proceeded to slump down into the comfort of the couch cushions.

"I checked your grades, and you still have an F in Language! Daniel, I checked last month, and nothing has changed!" She waved the phone around in her hand, and Dan stared at it with worry as he felt she would throw it or smash it at any given time.

"Daniel are you even listening to me?!" She could tell he wasn't, but asked anyway to continue getting her point across.

Dan nodded lazily, and his mother sighed. Dan had little to no struggles with his other classes, and he was mostly an A student, with the one exception of Language class.

He dreaded the entire thing, despised it in fact. Dan hated the forced reading, the teacher, the teaching style, the people in his class, everything. It was overall displeasing, so he chose to defy participation, as it was barely important in his mind.

"Yeah, yeah, mum, I'll talk to my teacher or something and get my grade—"

"That won't be necessary, as I've already began searching for a tutor." She then walked away, dropping the subject to finish looking for a suitable person who, preferably, excelled in Language.

"What?! I don't want a stupid tutor! I'm not that ignorant when it comes to language, so I'll be fine! I don't need one—!"

Mrs. Howell scrolled through tutor options that would be willing to put in the service on their school's website, before finding someone that she thought would be perfect for Dan, "too late! As I've already found the person."

Dan groaned, and attempted to reason with his mother, before giving in and asking about who this burden of a human was.

His mother seemed excited that Dan finally gave in to her. She began describing his tutor, "he goes to your school, he's in your grade, and his name is..."

"Spit it out already!"

"...Phil Lester?"

---
here's a new book because I don't know what to do with the others.