Chapter 5: Your Choice To Make

 Camille

 A week later, Camille returned home with Brianna from the hospital. Brianna had convinced her to move out while she got herself back together since Maxwell didn't want nor need her. Camille sat on the arm rest in Brianna's apartment.

 "So you are getting abused?" Ms. Jones asked although she already knew the answer. Camille's eyes widened in guilt.

 ''Listen, you don't understand how i feel about my man. I love him. Maybe you don't know the meaning of love then.'' Camille said looking at Brianna and Ms. Jones.  

 ''Ma'am, you need to listen to me. Abuse will get you nowhere but a graveyard.'' Ms. Jones said as she took more notes.

 ''Graveyard? A man who loves his girl can't kill his girl-''

 ''Camille, shut the fuck up! You sound stupid!! What are you talking about?? He already beats your ass every night!!! Baby doll, that man don't love you and probably never did.'' Brianna admitted to Camille and Ms. Jones.

 ''Brianna are you serious?? He's the one who brought me to this fucking town. So what does that mean??''

 ''You know what, call me when you’re sane. You need help! You can't let men control you or your body!'' Briana said getting her belongings and walking out of the room.

 Ms. Jones told Camille that she would return before following Brianna out of the room. ''Miss, I'm sorry. I have seen things like this happen to girls many times. They are brainwashed into thinking that the men who abuse them are "the one" which is not true." She said reassuring Brianna.

 ''Ms. Jones, I know what you mean. This man sexually abuses her and treats her like garbage. So what will happen now?'' She asked worried for Camille.

 ''I talked to the doctor earlier. She will be released in 3 days. They just want to keep her vitals stable.'' Ms. Jones reassured her and patted her shoulder.

 "Thank you again!" Brianna said sincerely before leaving the hospital.

 Brianna stared at Camille noticing her in her trace. She tapped her shoulder and Camille jumped in fear. She opened her apartment door  with Camille following behind.

Brianna jiggled the keys in her hand as they walked across the hall to the apartment Camille shared with Maxwell, during the time he was at work.

 After unlocking and entering the apartment, they entered Camille's bedroom.

 ''Camille, you don't have a choice. I don't have room for you, I don't have a steady job, and you are unemployed.'' Brianna said trying to convince Camille, who was still stuck on staying with Maxwell as  she helped Camille pack.

 ''Wher- Where am I going to go?'' Camille said through a crack voice. ''I thought you wanted me to, to stay over at your house until I land on my feet.''

 What am I going to tell this little girl? Brianna sighed continuing to pack up Camille's clothes.

She hesitated answered, ''You'll manage. I got an idea," she reassured Camille with a nodded. ''Go back home. Girl, you need people around you who love you and people who can provide for you. You'll be alright.''

_____________

Author's Note: I hope your enjoy the story so far. I'm trying my best to write these story never experience these myself but reading other stories about domestic violence helps. 

Please share, vote and comment for this chapters. Thank you so much for reading!  Je apprieciate vous pour la lecture de mon livre!