Chapter 1

He stood up to be about six feet tall, with soft blue eyes and partially tan skin, as seen from the glistening lantern in his noble, strong hands. His face shows his teeth chattering slightly, his jawline sinking as each chatter is made. In the cold night, I see him fold his arms across in his large, navy blue sweatshirt, while the chilly breeze glides across his sweat pants, bare ankles, and ankle top sneakers. Looking at him, and how cold he seemed to feel, and how his nerves reacted, made me want to punch his jaw back up.

He obviously doesn't care... look how you are. Cold, little, and worthless.

"What's your name?" I hear him ask me, smiling at me, his glistening white teeth showing through, and his height becoming smaller to my short one, as he kneels to me, seeing his eyes glaze over. Shyly, and wearily, I spill out "L-Lillian. My name is Lillian."

"Lillian? That is a pretty name. Are your parents anywhere? I can call someone for you to get them-"
"No Please don't!" I scream, slapping his arm away, hearing the impact of the touch of my hand on his muscled arm, picking up the closest, biggest broken branch beside me, as a protective weapon. Unexpectedly, to my surprise, the stranger in front of me, who could possibly hurt me, steps back. The small twigs and dead leaves crinkle and snap at each step he took, his hands up in front of him, and his body becoming loose.

"Lillian, I won't hurt you. Is that why you are here? Do you have a home?"

In that moment, my body completely freezes. No shaking occurs, my core tenses, and my entire physique stays in one spot, like I was frozen in ice, and I couldn't move one muscle, without feeling overwhelming pain.

No home anymore. Oh wait... Did you have one in the first place?

A sheer moment of silence is between us, my face becoming a blank kind of terrified. No words could seem to be able to drive out of my mouth, like I was an island, to where the cars would avoid. I look before me, and inspect the figure, which appears to be a man, presumably in his mid thirties. My eyes glaze over his mousy brown hair, which his hair is parted in multiple directions. His eyes appear to be a baby blue, that glisten slightly,

"My name is Ben. Dr. Ben Harmon. I am currently camping here with my family. My wife is Vivian, and our daughters name is Violet. I can see you are badly injured, and I want to help you get bandaged up. There is a hospital a couple miles down that we can take you to."

Was it that obvious...?

The words coming from his deep voice, and oddly kind demeanor, went right through me, and all I feel is the cold air against me, turn warm, and my eyesight, go black. I feel my aching, breaking body fall to the forest ground, a huge wave of vibrations going through my nimble body, quickly. 1,2,3,4.. My little heart beats slower, and slower, and slower...

1,2,3,4... 1,2,3... 1,2,3... 1,2... 1,2... 1... 1...