e p i l o g u e

HIS MOTHER HAD LOST HER SPIRIT. She had spent the past months mourning the loss of her son, becoming paler and weaker by the day.

Each day, she spent standing outside the house, staring at the giant garlic stalk for hours on end. It was clear that her Jack was gone for good. She no longer knew what she waited for.

And she saw no point in keeping het spirit.

But then, she saw it. The figure of a boy, slowly descending from the top of the stalk. Even from so far away, she could just make out his dark-blonde hair and delicate frame.

"Jack!"

Tears coursed down her cheeks, as the boy slid down the rest of the stalk and landed on the ground with a thump. She leapt forward, not caring about how lifeless she looked and flung her arms around her son, embracing him tightly.

She did not notice the blood.

Even when she did, she did not question it. He was not hurt (at least, not physically) and that was all the that mattered to her.

THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

At least, Jack's mother did.

They lived on the Vampire's castle, surrounded by his estate, finally being able to have three meals a day and a decent shelter.

She couldn't be more happy. And at times, that was what kept him going.

Jack wasn't exactly the same.

He seemed to have lost his spirit and will to survive, but deep down (very deep down), he knew his Vampire - dead or undead - would return.

Whether it was in the near future or in his next life, it didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was that they would be together. They could be together forever...

Jack and the Vampire.