Lewis Venustus

"How could you be so useless? I told you to get the intruder and kill the protesters." I said angrily, running the world was a little bit harder than I thought.

"We underestimated them my King, all we need is a few more men to get the job done." The leader of the police told me, his name was Mr. Vaughn.

"I'm stretched thin as it is Mr. Vaughn, I have no more men to spare." I replied turning back my attentions to the paperwork on my desk.

"Mr. Venustus what do you wish me to do? Have more men killed?" Mr. Vaughn pressed me for an answer.

I thought for a moment before replying.

"Make him pay for disrespecting your authority." One of the voices tell me.

"No, just tell him to do what you have requested. Leave violence to the peasants." Another voice says.

"Give him more men, if you don't you will continually lose more control." A third said to me.

"Shut up!" I silenced the voices.

I stood from my desk quickly and inhaled deeply, "I'm not normally one to beguile other men with stories, but let me tell you a story Mr. Vaughn." I said to him.

Mr. Vaughn shuffled a bit on his feet, but then eventually nodded.

"There was once a great Kingdom with an even greater King leading it. This King was being protested against. These protests were lead by an intruder in the Kingdom, an unknown. The King instructed one of his men to kill the protesters and collect the intruder. The man did not follow the King's instructions. What do you think the King did to the man?" I asked, my right hand secretly wandering to the gun that was hidden in my back pocket.

"I do not know." Mr. Vaughn replied while beads of sweat gathered on his forehead.

"He hung him." I said; I then pulled out my gun and repeatedly shot Mr. Vaughn.

He fell to the ground...dead.

"Blasted! I got Vaughn's blood on my Van Gogh!" I exclaimed after examining the blood splatter on Starry Night, "Someone clean him up and call Miss Devine for me, I wish to speak with her." I said now putting my pistol down.

The attendant in my office nodded and then dragged Mr. Vaughn's body out.

"Lewis, you should have killed him somewhere else that way there could be no collateral damage." One of the voices said.

"Yes, what a shame." That infamous voice scratched it's way to my ears.

"Leave me alone, you are scourge to my brain." I said angrily to that infamous voice. That ghost that racked my brain with fear, that drove me insane.

Before anything more was said Miss Devine came into my office.

"Hello Miss Devine." I said with a smile.

"Venustus." She responded.

"Miss Devine, I have a new job for you."

"I don't want Vaughn's job Venustus, if that is what you were thinking of."

"But you must take it, I need someone to run the police and I need someone to stop those protesters.You would make me so happy."

"I have an idea, show those protesters who their King is. This country is yours, this Earth is yours...so show them."

"I hate getting my hands dirty."

"I'll make you a deal then, if you show the protesters who is boss I'll run the police, no questions asked."

"This is why I like you Miss Devine, you bring the best out of me. Come and watch me do what I thrive at...frighten people into submission." I said with a devilish grin.