chapter 4

QUEN's POV

5 years ago

That call she told me about never happened as when the night time came, she didn't call me. I tried contacting her phone but it was out of service. 2 more days passed and I never heard about Blake nor Kelly so I decided to go to Kelly's house.

I pressed the doorbell button and waited for someone to open the gate. Then a maid approached me.

"Yes? Do you need anything?" She asked me with disgust while staring at my face.

"I just want to talk to Blake"

"No. it's not possible. They're busy packing right now because they will go back to New York this evening" She said and was about to go back when I talked

"Please, tell her it's Quen. I need to talk to her" Her eyes squinted in irritation

"I already told you no! Just go away okay?!" She said curtly and went back inside the house. I raked my fingers through my hair in frustration. She said Blake would go back to New York this evening so I got desperate. I grabbed the grills of the gate and shook it furiously as I shouted for Blake.

"Blake! Please talk to me!" I shouted again and again until a man in his 40s came and he looked so pissed off at me.

"If you're not going to leave right now, I will call the police!" He threatened me but I didn't let him intimidate me.

"Sir, I'm just here to talk to Blake"

"I told you to leave! My daughter doesn't have a business with a monster like you" he spat at me with venom in his voice.

"Sir, I love your daughter more than anyone. Please, I just need 5 minutes" He cursed at me before he opened the gate and went directly to me, punching my stomach. Then I heard someone screamed. I looked in the house and I saw Blake running towards me. She hugged me tightly as she cried.

"Dad stop it! I love him" she pleaded her father but he just slapped her. I saw Blake's lips with blood because of the impact. Anger blinded me and before I could think rationally, I attacked her father and pushed him to the ground. I had the upper hand because I was taller and my body was more muscular than him. We exchange punches until Kelly's parents came to stop us. When they managed to separate us, we already had blood on our faces. Blake was crying and tried to come closer to me but her father spoke.

"Don't even think of approaching that man Blake. I'm warning you!" He threatened as he wiped the blood from his lips while his gaze throwing daggers at me.

"You, never talk to my daughter again! She is a beautiful girl and I have a lot of plans for her future. Be ashamed of yourself! An ugly loser like you don't deserve to be with my daughter" He said as he dragged Blake inside the house. I tried to follow them seeing Blake's looking at me as if asking for me to rescue her but Kelly's parents stopped me.

"Quen don't. If you insist on being with her, you will just make her life miserable. Don't get me wrong, I know you're a good man but her father will do everything to make her daughter's life difficult if she continues to disobey him. Just wait for the right time and maybe then, you could be together freely" Kelly's father advised me then tapped my shoulder before closing the gate.

When I reached home, I went directly to my room. Just as I managed to get out of the darkness I was in, they took my angel away from me. I lied flat on my bed as I was thinking of ways to contact Blake. I turned on my phone and stared to my home screen wallpaper which was our picture. Then suddenly it rang. It was Blake.