Congratulations

“Let’s take a break.” He whispered not looking into my eyes.

“What? No…Brian I need you. Please don’t do this.” I beg. I grab hold of his hands hoping he would never leave. “I need you.”

“It’s only a break, Elizabeth. Our relationship is falling apart, we need time away from each other.” Brian looked into my breaking eyes and wipes away my tears. “Don’t cry.”

“Brian…I love you so much. I don’t want to do this.” I let the tears stream out. “You’re my everything, don’t you understand? I would be nothing without you.”

“We’ll give it a few months.” Brain says. He cups my cheek and I close my eyes, “it’s only a break.” He let go and he turned around to walk away.
I fell to the ground and watched him walk away from me.

Even though we’re taking a break, it seemed that he was walking away from me, forever.

Now you won’t even pick even pick up my calls
Instead of you,
I hear a dull voice

It’s been three months. Three months and I still haven’t spoken to Brain. He said we should take some time but isn’t three months long enough? I’ve tried calling and texting him but he wouldn’t answer. What if he doesn’t love me anymore? No, he does love me…we’ve been together for five years. How can he just let all that go?

There are always hard days but,
You can’t win over that moment and you look for an alternative

I order my food and wait at my table. I try texting him one more time hoping he would answer.

‘Brian…I miss you. Can you please at least reply so I know you still care?

I send the text and lock my phone. I sigh and take a look outside the café’s window. I see a familiar figure standing across the street.

It was Brain…

Let’s take some time
When I heard that, I understood it exactly as it sounded
That we should take some time

He was across the road sitting on a bench. What was he doing? I see him grab his phone, he must’ve gotten the text I sent him. He rolls his eyes and puts his phone back into his pocket. I felt a pang in my heart.

Congratulations, you’re so amazing.

All of a sudden I see him stand up and smile. Did he see me? Is that why he is smiling? I felt my excitement build up but i was disappointed.

Congratulations, how could you be so fine?

My heart dropped when I see him embrace another girl. He was waiting for her. This whole time…he was seeing someone else. I felt my eyes water and I look at the ceiling hoping they wouldn't pour out my eyes.

How could you trample on me?
I see your smiling face, I guess you forgot everything.

Brain holds onto the girls hand and they cross the road. They enter the café that I am in. I feel a tear running down my cheek and I quickly wipe it with my sleeve.

How could he do this to me?

He made me believe everything he said. He made me wait three months for him when he was just with another girl this whole time.