Chapter 12

Rhein sits at his desk typing with one hand making a shit ton of spelling mistakes. Yanan watches him type.

"Are you sure you don't want me to type the report for you?" Rhein glares at him as if he murdered a puppy.

"Take it easy will you. You're not even supposed to be here at work. You're supposed to be at home resting. So log off and go home or I'm calling Adrian to come drag your ass out of here." Rhein smirks a bit.

"Adrian said I could come here to fill out the report." Yanan shakes his head.

"Log off I'm taking you home." He unplugs Rhein's computer making him lose his progress. Rhein groans frustrated.

"Fine you old ass." He gets up from his chair and puts on his jacket. The jacket covers the arm in the sling and him and Yanan leave. Yanan pulls up to their house. Adrian is waiting on the porch and playing on his phone. Today was a really cloudy and snow filled day. As Rhein is walking up the their house he slips on ice causing him to fall flat on his ass and back. Adrian helps him up and inside well he tries to because they both slip on ice now. They both lay on the ground laughing loudly not a care in the world. Adrian stands up and helps Rhein stand up. Rhein takes his hand and they head inside.

"Yanan wouldn't let you stay and work would he?" Rhein shakes his head upset. Rhein sits down on the couch and Adrian takes off the black sling to change the bandages.

"I hate Wendigo's. Glad the fucker is dead." Rhein laughs a bit and watches Adrian change the now bloody bandages. He flinches when Adrian applies the hydrogen peroxide to the gaping wound.

"Bloody fuuuuuuuuck." Rhein complaints Adrian rolls his eyes.

"Stop being a baby." Adrian slowly bandages his shoulder again.

"You have to do five months of physical therapy before you can go back to work. And since you're not a Mythic it will take a while for this to heal." Rhein looks at him.

"You've gotta be kidding me." Rhein groans and sits up to put the sling back on his arm. Adrian helps him since his shoulder muscle was ripped up. Adrian looks at him with a sad look.

"I-I'm sorry for snapping at you back a the hospital. By the way how much are you paid to work there?" Rhein laughs a bit.

"Well I get a somewhat better pay than the mythics on my team because I'm the only human and I'm way to over qualified for it. You should meet my boss. She's a bitch but is good at what she does." Adrian nods listening to Rhein kinda ramble now. "I'm rambling again aren't I?" Adrian laughs a bit.

"Yeah you are, but only a little bit. It's okay." They laugh for a bit. Rhein yawns and covers his mouth.

"Let's go to bed. I'm getting tired." Rhein nods.

"Don't forget to go to the MPD to get your ID tag bracelet they also need a blood sample to test what blood type you are since you didn't know."

"Shhhhhhhhh. Go to bed." Adrian lays on the couch with Rhein who passes out almost right away. Adrian smiles a bit and stays awake watching over his broken pup.