Chapter Four

Chapter 4:

"HEY HEY HEY GUESS WHO JUST GOT US A PRACTICE MATCH WITH THE AOBA JOHSAI BOY'S TEAM!!!!" Misaki Koji, our captain yelled. I almost died. "We get to face THE Aoba Johsai? Really? How'd you swing that?" I asked. She laughed. "Our managers are hard at work over the weekends. Thank them later." We all looked over at Sugamama- I mean Sugawara and Tsukishima and smiled as a thank you. "They'll be here in a couple hours, so let's get the gym nice and clean!" "OSU!!!" We all hurriedly cleaned the gym and set up for our game. After a few hours, Oikawa and Iwaizumi walked through the gym doors, followed by the rest of their team. "Iwa-chan, look! It's your cousin!" Oikawa said as he turned toward Makesuka, our amazing first year ace. She smiled. "Yo Iwa! How ya been?" Oikawa ruffled her hair. "Hey, no love for your third cousin twice removed?" Oikawa asked. "Nope. None."

As we got warmed up, our coach put out the starting lineup. "Alright girls. Here's the positions for tonight." The positions were as follows:

Wing spiker: Emiko(front left)
Wing spiker: Makesuka(back right)
Wing spiker: Misaki(back left)
Setter: Luna(front right)
Middle blocker: Hinata(front middle)
Middle blocker: Aria(back middle)
And of course Libero: Kenro

"Kenro, since Aria is very bad at receives, you'll switch with her. Got it?" "Yes coach!" We responded. "Alright everyone, let's get fired up!!!!" Misaki shouted. "Gwah!! I can't believe we get to play against them! I've gotta get one of Oikawa's serves!!" I said to no one in particular.

Oikawa sneezed. "Wow Oikawa. Some certain libero must be excited." Iwaizumi was slightly entertained by his libero cousin's behavior. No one would usually be that excited to play against a better team. 'Better be careful though, Kageyama-chan. He won't hold back because you're a girl.' And with that the game started.

It was Karasuno's serve and Makesuka was up. "Makesuka, nice serve!" I said. She tossed the ball, jumped, and hit it with all the power she could. It went over the net, and slammed down on the floor between Oikawa and Iwaizumi. "What was that?" They asked simultaneously. Iwaizumi smirked. "Oikawa, we can't let them win!"

As the game went on, Karasuno maintained a small lead of 2 points. Iwaizumi was clearly frustrated. None of his spikes were hitting because a certain someone was blocking his entire move. "Grrr..." He gritted his teeth, spiking with all his might, but I was always right there to receive perfectly. "Nice receive Kenro!" Aria and Emiko shouted. It went up to our genius setter Luna, who analyzed everyone's places and tossed at the perfect time to Emiko, who was in the front row for the spike. Aoba Johsai wasn't an easy win, though. Their libero kept the ball in the air almost as much as me. The interesting thing was, Aria wasn't herself. She couldn't block one certain spiker. "Aria? You alright?" I asked. "Yeah just kinda distracted I guess..." She answered. "By mister hot-shot 16 over there?" I nudged her shoulder. She blushed. "...maybe but don't say anything!" She pleaded. "Oh please. I finally have something to tease you about. I'm not letting this go ever."

After an intense few matches, Aoba Johsai managed to pull out on top. We barely lost the first set 23-25, and the second one we won 29-27, but that third set was really intense. We lost 32-34 and it was a really good match. We only lost because of the few balls that I couldn't dig up. Ugh. And our poor ace is down in the dumps. Again. One of her spikes got completely shut down and she cracked. It was only like the middle of the first set and I had to set. It's my fault. If it wasn't so far from the net... But yeah. She feels like she was the one who made us lose. I feel kinda bad. After we cleaned up, I saw Aria talking to Mad-Dog 16 over by the bleachers. He didn't talk much, but he smiled for the first time since walking through the doors this afternoon. That's good, right? I feel like Aria may be the one to soften his hardened heart.

I watched them for a while, and all of a sudden, they both started blushing. I couldn't tell, but I think they are going out now. Well, he did kiss the top of Aria's head. Time to see what this guy is like...

I walked over to Mad-Dog 16 and started bombarding him with questions. Things like, "How close are you and Aria?" Or "What did you do?" They quickly turned into softer questions. "So, Kyoutani is it?" He nodded. "What would you do for my best friend Aria over there?" I pointed in her direction. "...anything really." He didn't seem like it, but he was really shy off the court. I think she overheard us talking because she fainted on the spot. He ran over to her side and helped her up. Yep, he's alright. They'll be fine. "If you ever hurt her, I will break every last bone in your body." I had an evil aura around me (as runs in the family) and he was obviously scared because he hid behind Aria. I laughed. "Hey Aria. Take care of this one. I can tell he's fragile." She blushed. "I know. I'll take care of him."

After a few hours of talking and eating, Aoba Johsai had to leave. They all hopped in the bus and drove off. Not before Kyoutani and Aria exchanged numbers and addresses though. I don't understand why they needed each others addresses. Whatever. Not my business.

Yû walked over from the other gym where the boys usually practice. "Yo Kenro! Ready to go?" He held out his hand. I grabbed it and kissed him on the cheek. "All set Yû. Let's go home."