ت final ت

mirrors.

he fucking hated mirrors.

he pinched at his stomach, poked at his cheeks, stared in the mirror for far too long.

ribs.

why weren't they showing?

hip bones.

nearly non existent.

collarbones.

hidden.

he needed to lose more weight.

"tae?"

the door opened, slowly, as if gravity pushed back on it.

he had forgotten he was still at yoongi's house.

"you okay?"

say you're okay.

say you're fine.

say it.

"no."

yoongi stepped closer.

"no! stay away from me!" taehyung flinched, yelling hysterically. "get away from me! i'm disgusting! i-" he took a breath, "i don't belong here, i'm gross and disgusting and fucking dirty! don't touch me! i'm ugly and fat and disgusting and i hate it! i hate it!" tears. sobs. a feeling of nausea sweeping over. "i hate myself! i want to die!"

and then the nausea hit too hard.

he lurched forward, heaving.

spit, bile, everything except for food, because how could he throw up food he didn't eat?

and then he was dry heaving, air entering and leaving his lungs rapidly with empty gags, empty lurches of absolutely nothing.

empty sobs.

"taehyung, oh my god, taehyung..."

yoongi knelt down and held taehyung close, pulling him to his chest with a gentle tug.

"i'm sorry. i'm so, so sorry. i should have known, should have noticed..."

taehyung sobbed then, hiccuping in between breaths.

"why do you care so much?" he murmured softly. "i... i'm not worth it. all this time, all this energy wasted on trying to fix a lost cause like me, i'm not worth it all. i'm not-"

"you are worth everything, taehyung. everything."

"i'm not, i'm not, i'm..."

"shush. stop it," yoongi took a finger and brushed away taehyung's bangs from his eyes. "you're worth it. you're worth more than the time and energy i put into a cause that isn't lost. you'll get better, okay? i promise. do you trust me?"

taehyung looked into yoongi's eyes; stared deep into the deep, dark colors that painted his iris, and the redness seeping from the outer corners of his eyes from crying.

yoongi was crying.

he nodded.

"i trust you."