Chapter 6 - A Bit Philly

~Reader's POV~

     'I overreacted. I overreacted. It was a joke, i overreacted,' You thouht to yourself as you sat in your bed, a blanket wrapped around you as you hugged your knees to your chest. You hadn't kept track of time since you got home. It could have been minutes - hours even, but you weren't thinking about that. Your mind was too focused on what had happened at Dan and Phil's house earlier.

    Embarrassment filled your chest and cheeks as you closed your eyes tightly, slowly extending your legs. A single hand trailed down to the hem of your shirt and slid under it, gently running your fingertips along the long, thin scar the incident left on your body. Sure you might have been young when it had happened, but you still could remember what happened. Trying not to think about it, you instead thought of ways to apologize to the two - more importantly Phil, who you had been quite rude to on accident.

     As you opened your eyes again, a soft sigh left your lips as you saw a bit of sunlight peep through your window. You stood up and kept the blanket wrapped around your shoulders as you stumbled your way into your kitchen, looking to see if you had any coffee packets to make yourself a cup. 'Guess I'll have to go out to get coffee once some place opens back up...' You thought to yourself as you squinted to see the time on your microwave. The time read 8:45, almost time for some place to open. You grabbed your phone and sat on the counter, scrolling through your feed until you heard a soft knock on your door.

     Groaning, you hopped off of the counter and walked over to open your front door. "...Yea?" You muttered, not bothering to make eye contact with the person. "Um....hi, (y/n), may I come in?" A soft, all too familiar British voice asked. You hesitantly looked up and turned, giving a slight nod as you walked back over to your kitchen and sat atop your counter. Phil hesitantly walked in and furrowed his brows in worry as he shut the door and followed you. "...are you alright?" He asked as he stood in front of you, noticing the dark circles that formed underneath your eyes. "....yea....sorry about last night..." You muttered softly, looking up to make eye-contact with him. "Just a little tired..." You said with a shrug, rubbing your eyes. "Oh....I'm sorry too..." He said softly, clearing his throat. "If you'd like, we can go get Starbucks....they opened like an hour ago," he offered kindly, pushing his hands into the pockets of his thick coat. "You might want to bundle up though, it's quite chilly...one could say, it's almost Philly," he said with a grin, a small chuckle erupting from him. You smiled and rolled your eyes slightly before nodding. "Yeah, sure, let me go get changed..." You said softly as you playfully pushed him aside while walking to your room.

     "Oh yeah, and I'm paying!" He called after you, smiling brightly as he leaned against the countertop.