Questions

Ryan's POV

I don't understand how to convince her. She never seems to believe me. This blow was very very severe to her. I needed to settle things down before they get worse. I decided to go to Emira's home and talk to her rather than on the phone.
I drove to her home and rang the doorbell. I was very nervous as I waited for her to open the door. How could I ever tell her? How could I just hide the truth?

The door opened. Emira was in her night clothes. I could see the track her tears left on her pale face.

"Emira, I'm really sorry about this. Really really sorry. But I need to talk to you" I voiced. She just nodded her head and lead me into the living room. I took the seat next to her. I balled my fists, took a deep breath and reached out for her hand. I held it in both of mine. She tried pulling it away but I was too quick. I held her hand firmly.
"Emira! Listen!" I barked at her half hoping she'd listen. I was shocked when she abandoned the attempt of freeing her hand. She nodded her head. A tear rolled down her cheek.
I gathered all my courage and said, "I know who did this. Austin." I stressed on his name. Emira stiffened.
I felt a sudden sting on my cheek. She had slapped me. It hurt really bad and my temper rose. Emira looked as if she hadn't meant to do that. She took a step towards me and I raised a hand to stop her moving any further. My temper flared. I know she was having a bad time but a SLAP?! I shot her a nasty look and walked back.

Emira's POV

I sat on the couch crying the whole morning. My aunt returned a while after.

"Would you like to come to the station?" She asked. I shook my head and she left. Brielle was in her room, I guess. She didn't taunt me today. It's really rare. My throat felt dry. I went to the kitchen to fetch some water. I saw a plate of food on the counter. My maid prepared it for me. She was really kind. I never bothered to have any breakfast. I sipped water from a tumbler and walked off to the living room to watch the television. After a couple of minutes I heard the door-bell ring. I went to attend it. My eyebrows were scrunched but the moment I opened the door, I managed to smile faintly. Austin gave me a hug and a quick peck on the top of my head. We went inside and sat in silence for some time.

"Are you hungry?" Austin asked, breaking the silence. I shook my head.
He took my hand and held it. I rested my head on his shoulder and the scent of his cologne filled my nose. I drifted into sleep. Austin carried me to my room and laid me on the bed and sat on a reclining chair.

I was almost asleep when I heard a phone ring.

"Yeah?" It was Austin's voice.
There was a pause.
"No!! Don't do anything to it unless I say, you douchébag!!" He souded really angry.

What was that?? I thought to myself.
My eyes flickered open and Austin was sitting beside me on the bed. I must have been dreaming, then. I suddenly remembered the events of this morning and I was cursing Ryan under my breath.
When Austin saw that I was up, he helped me sit upright. He consoled me for a while before I heard my Aunt's voice.
"Emira!"
"Y-yes madam?" My voice cracked.
"The funeral will be held tomorrow."
"Oh okay." I was biting my lip to control my tears that were straining to come out.

We both went down. Just as we went into the kitchen, my phone buzzed.
It was from an unknown number. I was hesitant to take the call. Austin held his hand out and I gave him my mobile phone.

"Hello?"

"Umm... could I speak to Emira?" The other person asked. The phone was on speaker so I could listen to him.

"And you are?"

"Ryan. Ryan Granert. Emira knows me."

"Great. I'm Austin and-" Austin was cut off by Ryan.

"You!! How could you?! Ugh! Let me tell her what you really are, you f****** a******" he shouted.

"Mind your tongue before I take action!" Austin shouted back. He immediately cut the line.
"Don't you ever trust him. He's a pathetic liar. Here. I've blocked him. Don't ever allow him near you."

"Yes. Of course. Thanks. I love you."

"Too" He smiled.

I was getting cookies from the larder when I heard Austin's phone ring.

"Yeah?" He sounded firm. So steady. Oh, he's a blessing! I thought.

"I said NO!!" Austin suddenly stood up and just as he did, his phone slipped from his hand and fell on the carpet.

"But we have to get rid of it. It's stinking. The cops are already investigating. We haven't got much time. You don't understand-" Austin's eyes widened. I wanted to hear further but Austin swore loudly, picked up his phone and cut the line. I guess the phone had turned into speaker mode when it fell.
But what was it? What did Austin need to hide? What were the cops investigating? I needed answers.

I opened my mouth to ask when Austin raised his hand to silence me. He abruptly left my home without a word.

I need to know the answers. Something was definitely wrong...

I'll find out soon. I know how to, I thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's note:

Thanks for reading. You're all awesome!

I'll try and update soon.

The next chapter will be even better.

Lots of love ♡

Vote and comment :)