29. First Try

My life became terribly lonely. The only times I really left the building were to write my examinations or go for physiotherapy but otherwise, I was confined to the space of my apartment. I longed for company, but I was still recovering. My leg was still beyond regular shape but I do make the effort to move as much as I can on my own. But I hate wearing glasses and I'm not allowed to wear contacts for another month. My eyes are barely used to glasses what more them.

I woke up, tired as usual, and decided it was time. I got out of bed and hobbled to the middle door. I prefer not to use my walking stick around the house. I sat down in front of the deck and looked at the computer. It controlled the cameras as well as sound and mixed everything well.

I hobbled towards the booth with a guitar in hand and sat down on the chair there. There was a table that had a bunch of remotes and labels. I turned everything on with one button. I connected the guitar to an amp cable that was already set up and put the headphones on.

"Mic check," I said through the mic and I could hear myself and I also strummed a little and I could hear the guitar as well. I got the other remote for the camera in front of me and turned it on.

"Hey everyone, for those of you who don't know me yet I'm Dimitri and I'm going to do a cover of the song "Happiness " by The Fray. I hope you like it."

I began to pick gently and began the first verse. I only began to strum at the beginning of the third verse and it got so intense. I started to really begin to sing my lungs out. Then I began to cool down through the fourth verse but built the intensity towards the end of the song. It felt so good but a painful reminder that happiness was robbed from my life.

"Thanks for watching. Like. Vote. Comment. Subscribe. Have a great day," I said switching the video camera off.

I hobbled into the studio and uploaded the video using the studio built laptop. I hope this works out. Though, it's been almost 3 months since I posted a video. I bet everyone thinks my siblings and I are dead or something.

I left the room to take a shower. Huh, I should have changed. Now everyone knows what my pyjamas look like. With that out of my system, I decided to play some video games. I can't even remember the last time I updated my fantasy football or played a good game of Fifa.

I hobbled to the living room with the security iPad in hand in case I got any visitors which wasn't likely. No one knows my new address. I wonder why dad is so secretive? It's not like I can get kidnapped from here, the security here is super tight anyway.

My phone vibrated violently in my pocket. I didn't bother to look at the caller ID, I just answered.

"Hello," I said, not knowing who's a voice to expect.

"Dude, your cover is blowing up!! But why were you in pyjamas?! I know life's rough but come on man," said Markus practically screaming through the phone.

"Hey bro. I've missed you too. Thanks for calling and checking up on me," I said with all the sarcasm in the world.

"Oh right. How's the leg? Do you still think you can run away from home like you used to?" He said laughing on the other side of the line.

"It's still weaker than it should be but physio is doing me wonders. How's your home, your family?" I asked settling into the couch further.

"Well, they changed my name. I'm not Markus anymore. I'm Phillipe, but Phillipe Markus Garcia. Such a random name. Almost exotic," he said bragging as he usually did.

"I don't mean your name you dimwit, I meant have you settled in with your parents?" I asked in a more serious tone.

"Just wait, let me connect this call," he said drowning out on his end.

"Hey, guys. What have I missed?" Asked Melony joining the call.

"Well apart from Dimitri's trending cover on YouTube, his leg's been weaker than average. But his life is good," answered Markus on my behalf.

"Wow, that's eventful. I saw the cover and I was pretty impressed. Pyjamas are still not your forte man," said Melony in a bubbly voice.

"Guys. Leave my pyjamas alone. They've been through a lot. Though I need to ask, how are all of us doing? I mean last year we were all in one house living together and now look at us," I said dampening the mood a bit.

"Honestly things could be worse, but so far my dad and I have been working through some stuff and sorting things out. He actually gets really involved and wants to make up for the lost time. Though I do miss having you annoying little creatures to bother me," said Melony, opening the floor.

"Right back at you sis. Well, my dad lives upstairs otherwise I've got an apartment of my own. Dad comes to see me once a day to just chat through life and make sure I haven't committed suicide yet. He's teaching me how to talk like him" I said laughing a little.

"No wonder you sound so funny. Guys, I am dying here. They smoother me with love and food. There are 2 female cousins that I stay with. One has an uncanny crush on me and ah!!! But I can't complain. I'm really beginning to love it here. No one's that interested in music but I found out I really like dancing. Somehow I'm actually not that bad at it," he said bubbly as well.

"Look at us guys. Things could have been worse but it's all worked out for us somehow," I said hobbling to the studio.

"Yeah, life is not that bad. Though the irregular walk patterns I'm hearing in the background have to go," said Mark laughing at me.

"Real funny dude. I have to go. I want to check on all this success you speak of. Also, I want to call Amber," I said opening the door.

"Alright. Kiss Amber for me alright," said Melony.

"Tell her I say hi as well. Somehow I miss that annoying relationship you guys had," he said joking around.

"I'll pass on your wishes. Bye guys. Have a good one." At that, I hung up the phone.

I flipped the laptop screen open and I sat there looking at 10,000,000 views and 1,000,000 likes. I was awestruck. I think this is the new direction in my life. I think I want to do music full time now. It brings out who I really am.