Seven: Deadly Sins

I laid in my bed for an immeasurable amount of time. I'm not even sure how many classes I'd missed. The days felt all blurred together. Jane and Ray checked on me often between their classes.

Seth came in and left so many times as well I'm not sure why he persisted. His girl was crying over the death of another man. If I was in his place I don't think I would have stayed. I just didn't know what to do with myself. It was hard enough with the threat of him leaving, but that's manageable. At least he was still on Earth, but now I'll never get to see him or feel his touch... and his beautiful, piercing eyes will never gaze mischievously in my direction ever again. He called me five times that night, but he didn't leave a message. I wonder if he was in trouble and trying to reach me. Was the reason he was killed connected to the reason he was leaving?

Tears started to flow again so I grabbed my tissue box and cuddled with it. It was starting to become my best friend. It understood me. I called it Mr. Sniffles.

A knock came at the door and Seth came in again, this time with a big turkey sandwich. "How're you doing?" He sat next to me in bed and handed me the food.

"I'm managing. I'm so sorry love, but I was really close to him. We had this odd sort of connection, I can't explain it." I laid sideways onto his chest and shut my eyes.

"I know, that's why I think it's important you mourn." He plucked me off of him and pointed at the wrapped sandwich. "Mourning or not you have to eat, now."

I nodded and obediently opened the sandwich and took a small bite. It was delicious so I took another larger bite, my poor belly had been growling at me all day now that I think about it. As I ate Seth rubbed my back gently. A thought popped into my head then, out of nowhere. "Hey, Seth, I know this is totally random, but since you never really gave me an answer, what in the world possessed you to buy me a car?"

A chuckle escaped him. "Do you really want to know?" I nodded as I chewed. "I never bought you the car. I actually own it and I 'gave' it to you just to frazzle you up and keep your attention. It worked obviously, but don't worry about it. You can still drive it if you want."

I punched his arm. "You jerk! You're really a horrible person. I can't believe I chose you!"

"You couldn't resist me since you met me." He pulled me closer to him and lowered his mouth to my neck. His lips brushed against my skin as he spoke in a lowered, husky voice, "You heat up the second I enter the room." His hand started to inch lower than my waist. I couldn't help the shuttering of my breath.

I came to the realization though, that this was the first time I was able to not focus primarily on the loss of John. I turned towards Seth and decided to lose myself in him, at least for a moment.

Ray suddenly burst in with the largest smile on her face. I didn't even know it was possible for her to smile so widely, she was always so serious. I hastily pushed myself away from Seth. Ray didn't seem to notice or if she had, she didn't care. Jane trailed in behind her.

"So we have some news!" Jane squealed. I glanced at Ray questioningly and she nodded. "Listen Jamie I know you're in a hard place right now, but I have to tell you. Ray and I are dating!" She ran over to me and squeezed me so tight I was pretty sure that the turkey sandwich was going to come right back out my mouth.

"Not that I'm not totally happy and excited for you guys, but Jane, are you sure you're prepared for a lesbian relationship?" I finally got some air when she let me go.

"Oh you silly I'm ready to try just about anything. I like Ray so I'm willing to give it a try, for her." She turned her head towards Ray and smiled.

Ray came over and hugged Jane around the waist from behind and whispered something into her ear that made her blush. I never thought I'd see the day when she got embarrassed. Ray then turned her attention to me. "So apparently they finally repaired some of the dorms enough that some of us can move back in. That means we're moving out."