Chapter 6

All the sudden joy that Avantika felt drained out of her body as she saw the faces of children of those dead whom Avantika had no pity of, the ones that caused all the destruction , standing beside their mothers unaware of what all this was about. Unaware of everything. Darkness blanketed the glint of joy inside Avantika as she saw the helplessness of those children. 'Bloodshed never brings happiness', she thought wondering how long the air of sadness will last. She had Already been crying, so it was not that difficult to squeeze some more tears out. Not that she cried just for a show; they did come from depth.
She walked back to a nearby tent( for there were innumerable tents all around the battle field)
She did not wished anybody to see her tears. That would make her look weak.
She leapt into the tent and had a quick look of everything.
As she swept her tears from the corner of her eyes, a powerful arm touched her shoulder.
ASHVANTH!!!
She had placed a gulgangi seed on Ashvanth's forehead and then simply touched his face. She had  discovered that the gulgangi seed would be activated only by an act of love as soon as her uncle Karna came alive. But she had moved away leaving that job for someone else.
Now, he was before his eyes!
She hugged her best friend making him jump.
" So.... Little pig-head! Forgot me huh?! I know..... I know...... You don't need me anymore! Got new friends. So old friends to junk!
Avantika was surprised to see how calm he was.
" I am not little anymore !"
" I am not little anymore",Ashvanth mimicked. " So let's say...... What are you? Ah.... very well.... You are not little anymore you say. So let's call you nanny."
Avantika punched him hard at his belly. But his words soothed her for not long. She found her mind clouded up again.
She stood looking at him for what seemed to be hours, but if her pineal gland was working, it must  have been 10 seconds.
It all happened abruptly. She remembers the calling in her stomach and then everything goes blank!
She faints!
Falls!