CHAPTER 12

Avantika was near her brother Abhimanyu's tent when she heard Uthara scream. When she saw Uthara lying on the ground draped in blood, her hand naturally went to her belt were the pouch of gulgandi seeds used to hang. But it wasn't there.................................then she remembered that she had placed it inside her chest. She ran to her chest at the other side of the camp and grabbed her pouch. As she was running toward Uthara , she opened the pouch and saw that there is only one seed left.........................the seed that held her life to this mortal world. Then again Avantika was sure that there had to be two seeds left as she had only granted life to 98 of the soldiers.Even though she wanted to think more about it, she couldn't as all that her head could think of was Uthara.

Abhimanyu was petrified when he heard Uthara cry with so much pain...........................................

Uthara felt her child dying inside her. She couldn't  feel the physical pain that she was going through. All that she could think of was her child..........................she couldn't afford to lose her child.Uthara still had faith...................faith in Avntika. 

As Avantika she was nearing towards Uthara's tent , she felt something sharp and cold pierce gut.As Avantika registered what had just happened , she looked back to see who it was.She couldn't belive her eyes as she saw Jayadratha standing there with the evil smile on his face.As he raised his sword for a second strike,Avantika jolted up her senses and striked him with a stone on his head , and he fell on the ground, unconscious. Immediately Avantika tied a cloth to her wound and rushed towards Uthara.

Avantika placed her seed affectionately on Uthra's forehead and tried her best to calm her down.As the miracle of the seed worked,Avantika felt her life draining out of her . Avantika felt dizzy as Uthara gained consciousness. Avantika could hear footsteps rushing towards the tent.She raised herself up with all the strength that was left within her and exited as the others entered. She went to her tent and lied down on her bed. As she closed her eyes she saw herself. It was the vision of  the day when she had to see her mamaji..........................dead.She saw herself dropping the pouch and then gathering the seeds that had fell on the ground.She hadn't noticed it then, but now she saw that she hadn't taken one last seed.Then she saw Jayadratha's body without a head being placed upon the seed that she missed to notice. Now at last she knew how Jayadratha was alive.

Abhimanyu was sitting beside Uthara. She was unconscious. Subhadra sprinkled some water on her face and as she woke up they asked her what had happened as all they saw was Uthara was draped in blood. Uthara was feeling very fragile and the only word she could let go out of her mouth was AVANTIKA...............................................................................................................

By the time they reached Avantika's place she was already on her way to the heavens.Krishna couldn't do anything . Her last words were that Jayadratha was alive and he was planning to take revenge upon them..................

The happiness that bestowed upon them vanished with Avantika's soul.Everyone were sad. Abhimanyu faced a mixture of emotios when Avantika died. He felt sad, angry and there were so many emotions clotted in his mind that he couldn't differentiate among them.At that moment he realized how much he loved his sister...................even though it was for a short time...a very short time.He felt that she died too early for she is a person who never abandons her responsibilities and at this time she had many responsibilities upon her shoulders..........the old responsibilities  towards the family that she had and the new responsibilities towards the family that she was getting used to for the past few days.

Indravathi was so shocked by her daughters death that she couldn't even shed tears for her.She was glad that there were two mothers to support her during this phase of life........

And Ashwanth......................................he couldn't believe that Avanthika left for the heavens........he knew that he could never see his friend ever again but he felt that she was around them like a shield protecting  them as she always did.

The Pandavas and Lord Krishna began to search for Jayandrath for they knew that Avantika would never say something out of the daze of pain and death................................................