4| WARFARE

There was pain everywhere.

     Elektra knew she should have been used to it by now, but it still somehow managed to seep its way in under her skin. After all, being a hunter and scout meant that the trips out of the village were bound to get messy, especially while the Reapers were around, along with the Weathermen. One thing Elektra got from pain was how to deal with it. She could either wallow in it, complain, and chose to let it stop her from doing her job, or she could ignore it can get on with her life. She tended to favour the latter over the former.

     In the back of her mind, she knew that there was no going back from what she had done. She had to live with the repercussions and learn to move on.

     When Elektra woke up, in agonising pain from the day before, she knew something had to change. The conflict between her own people and the Sky People had been going on for too long, even though it hadn't been long since they arrived on Earth. They should try to work together to stop a bigger threat, that endangered both groups. In numbers, they would be stronger, and a better force as taking down Mount Weather.

     But Elektra knew that the Commander wouldn't be easily swayed, even if Elektra was her friend.

     As she lost herself in her thoughts, she hadn't noticed the curtains of the building move.

     Clarke slowly walked in.

     She had been taking care of Elektra when Bellamy had brought her back to their camp with three arrows piercing her skin.

     Some of the pale sunlight seeped into the room through the gaps of the curtains. Elektra closed her eyes and groaned.

     To her left, the large table, that had her things and the medical equipment, was pushed further away from her reach. She had to hold back a scoff.

     Of course, they still don't trust me. Even while I'm unable to move.

     Trust was still an issue between the Sky People and herself.

     But, in her state, Elektra wasn't one to attack them or even roll over to her side.

     She knew Clarke would have her hands full with patching her back up if she even considered moving that much while she was still healing.

     Elektra rolled her eyes at herself, still angry that she was brought down by three arrows.

     Clarke edged closer to the bed she was laying on, hesitantly, as she noticed Elektra's gaze fall back onto her weapons and armour.

     When she spotted Clarke from the corner of her eye, she sighed, knowing that it would be a while before Clarke trusted her.

     Elektra moved her face away, staring up at the ceiling, wincing in pain as her head and body began to throb and ache. It was almost as if her body was beginning to shut down again, wanting to repair itself.

     Even with the medicine and vials used to stop the spread of the poison, part still remained inside of her.

     "Look, I understand that you hate us and that you probably want to kill us, but I'm going to need to check on your wounds," Clarke told her.

     Did she seriously think that I wanted to kill her after she saved my life? Why would I kill her for that? I want her people, and my own, to be safe. Wasn't my act of defiance against my people enough for her to realise that? Was that not enough for them?

     Elektra nodded or at least tried to.

     The headache that she had worsened with the small movement.