Chapter 1: I, Loathe Miller

Hey guys! So this is my first book on Wattpad and I'm going to try my best, comments would be awesome, but it would be great if they were kept friendly.
Media: This is how I imagined the teenage (current) Loathe to look, just with longer and darker black hair.
Hope you enjoy!

Flashback:

"Loathe!" Jamie yelled, mouth spread wide in a smile that made her teeth sparkle. Her bright pink braces reflected the moonlight
and made me squint at my best friend. "I found you!" She laughed, running after me.

I giggled from my spot behind my parents oak tree and tugged at the hemline of my favorite dress.

"How do you always find me, Jamie?" I asked, revealing myself from my hiding spot and glaring playfully at her. She giggled and wiped at her blonde hair that seemed to like sticking to her face.

"Because you're easy to find. Your black hair flies everywhere."

I bit my lip and rolled a strand of my hair between my fingers. It was so long it went to knees. My mother liked it that way, so I haven't cut it in 5 years of my 7 years.

"Oh. We should really go back to your house. It's getting pretty dark Loathe." Jamie said, pointing to the stars. It was true, it was really dark. I could hardly see ten feet in front of me.

"Good idea. Mommy will start to worry if I'm late for dinner." Jamie nodded and started walking. My bare feet ached from running in the woods for hours. I yelped when my feet caught a branch and tumbled face first into the grass. Jamie giggled at me, as I spat out grass.

"Hurry up." She mumbled, continuing to walk to my house about forty yards away. I wiped off my knees and looked around.

I saw something move in the dark and giggled, reaching out.

A big pair of big blue eyes popped up in front of me, but it was too dark to see their owner.

"Hi." I giggled, reaching out and patting where I guessed the animal's head was. It was furry and softer than silk. "My name is Loathe." The animal purred and pushed it's head into my hand, asking to be pet more. A giggle escaped my lips, and I patted the animal's head. I guessed that he was a wolf, with fur so dark that he blended into the night.

"Loathe!" Jamie yelled. "Hurry up! Dinner!"

I grinned and sat up, using the animal's strong back for support.

"Goodbye, wolfie." I giggled as I turned my back and ran towards my house. I heard and whining sound from behind me and I smiled to myself.

I wanted to see Wolfie again tomorrow.

If only I knew that the next day, I would wake up to find my parents dead and my life would be turned upside down.

End of flashback:
My head was pounding as if I'd been run over by a train. My legs and arms ached, a result of last night's fight.
I had only myself to blame for that one.
Let me introduce myself.
My name is Loathe Miller, and I fight for a living. My parents died one night when I was seven, and I never knew why or how. Memories of our last moments would haunt my mind, and the only way I could escape was music and fighting.
I don't know why the memories haunted me so much. Usually, someone like me would've gone to a counsellor or talked to friends for advice.
But I didn't have friends. And the thought of being able to afford counselling almost made me laugh. I could barely afford my rent and motorcycle, let alone extra health benefits.
The way I did manage to afford those basics was by the money I made off of street fighting. I was good, and it was the only reliable job I could keep. Even simple jobs like a cashier or waitress required a background check. And I didn't have one.

It seems silly to say that, but my parents weren't really what you would call ideal citizens. They were in hiding from someone, who, I may never know. I suspect they were who killed them, but I couldn't know for sure.
I was home born and never had a record. As far as the government was concerned, I didn't exist. At least not the 'real' Loathe Miller.
My file said I lived with my mom,
Careen Miller in an apartment in LA.
I may as well have been lying to their faces when it came to that.
I couldn't travel out of state, because I didn't have an actual real passport. I had one, but it was fake as hell.

So, I attended high school like any other teenage girl. I did my homework, although I didn't really have a reputation at school. And that's me.
Loathe Miller.

I hope you liked this chapter! I'm still a big time beginner when it comes to writing, but I tried my best. Feedback and votes would be awesome, it means a lot and encourages me to update my stories.
Thanks for reading chapter 1!