My birthday...

"Zoe....Zoe....ZOE!!"

I jolt up waking up from my deep sleep. Who was that and why was that person in here?.... How did that person even get in here?!i look at my alarm clock but it's unplugged..strange right? Oh well maybe I'm just hallucinating.

I check my phone. 7:07 am. Today is my birthday!!!! School starts at 8.... Maybe just a few more minutes then I will get up. I try to go back to sleep but I feel like I'm being watched. I get up and pick a flowy blue shirt with my white shorts with some underwear.

I walk to my bathroom and put the clothes on the counter. I turned on the water and waited for it to heat up. I felt the water on my hand. Just right. I undressed and went in the Shower. I took my shower and I got dressed. I started doing my hair. Then I heard footsteps.

"Happy birthday Zoe!!" My 6 year old brother, Zeke, said.

I felt my heart and it was still beating.

"Thank you Zeke but don't scare sissy like that ok?"

"Ok. Come down and eat breakfast. Mom just made it."Zeke says excited.

"K. Be down there in a minute ok?" I say.

"Ok." He replies.

I finish doing my hair. I don't really wear make up. I don't need it and I don't really care for it.

I start walking down stairs. I sniff the air.

"Smells good mom!" I say

"Thank you, honey. Here." She hands me a plate.

French toast, eggs,bacon,sausage, and a glass of milk. I don't think I can eat all of this. I start eating and before I know it, it's all gone!

"Woah." I say to myself.

"Thanks mom it was delicious." I say as I wash my plate off.

"Your welcome. Happy birthday darling." She said smiling at me.

"Hey where is Zack?" I said.

I haven't seen my best brother zack today. That's strange. He is always the first one who tells my happy birthday....and he never misses birthday breakfast!!

"Um probably in his room?" She said.

I ran upstairs to his room. I knocked. I heard shuffling in there. Then the door opens. It is zack. He is two years younger than I am. I'm 17 today. He is 14 turning 15 next week.

"Um hey Zoe." He said

"Hey where were you this morning?" I asked

"Um doing something...,I was sleeping! Ya I was sleeping!" He says

"Um ok well you never miss birthday breakfast and you get up earlier than I do?" I say questioningly.

"Um I slept in?" He asks

"Ok? Well I am going to go in my room then. I just needed to know that you weren't dead." I say jokingly.

"Ok." He says and quickly shuts the door. Weird.