The Little Lion Man

I would like to point out, that our young, ambitious Amy had plans for that basement of hers. The building above ground was an ancient apartment, that only rats and the occasional homeless person entered.

The Second Visitor came as the first did, with a quite urgent knock. Amy was anticipating someone this time. A smile unconsciously spread across her face as she opened the door. The tall man was wearing a dark overcoat and a low brimmed hat. He was retaining a struggling boy in a choke hold. Amy stepped out of the doorway and the man flung the body down the stairs.

He winced slightly, "Oops."

"He'll be fine." Amy replied.

"Until next time." He tipped his hat and vanished in a whirl of smoke. Amy slammed the door and flitted down the steps. The boy was lying in a dirty heap at the bottom. She prodded him with her foot and he leaped up with a shout.

"Who are you?!" he was panting wildly as his eyes took in the dark basement.

Amy smiled lightly, "Hello Daniel, I am Amelia Anderson, welcome to your new home."

"My new home? You can't just kidnap people like that! And how do you know my name?" He shouted advancing menacingly towards Amy.

"I did not kidnap you, you can leave if you want. If you want to stay, your room is the second on the left," Amy pointed with her finger down a hall, "And my parents kept a log of all known 'mythical' beings."

Daniel calmed slightly, "Why am I here?"

"I will explain everything to you at dinner, after everybody gets here. That is, if you're willing to stay." Amy looked at him threateningly.

"Dinner sounds good to me," He paused and then nodded, like he'd made up his mind, "Yeah, alright. I'll stay 'till then," He began to walk toward the hallway. Amy felt a sense of extreme confusion, That went a lot easier then I thought it would. Is his trust solely driven by food? What a dimwit.