Chapter 2

"OH, MY GRAVY COVERED BROWNIES!" I yell at the top of, my lungs in burning rage. Probably not the best thing to yell considering everyone in the black SUV is now laughing so hard they are crying. "Alright which one of you Assholes stole my cookie!?" Another roar of laughter fills the SUV as we continued on the dusty trail on our training combat thing-a-ma-bobber against hawk squad.

"I did," Matt says, barely getting the words out between fits of laughter. His face is going to be an easy target because it's so red, but back to the point, you don't touch another man's food! That is a sin against humanity. Rules of manhood don't steal food, don't touch another man's girl, and don't peek over the stall in the bathroom. Do any of those things and they are fully entitled to beat the living shit out of you.

"ALRIGHT QUIET!" Our new SO's voice echoes around us. It literally went silent, even the birds were scared to sing. "What's the story behind gravy covered brownies?" He asks snickering. "Oh, by the way, my name is Jared and we'll be getting along just fine."

Suddenly the SUV drives off the road "Alright! As soon as the car stops the training starts." Jared, yelling again, hands out assorted assault rifles and Glocks to everybody. They were loaded with rubber bullets.

"Aww man, these things hurt like hell! Last time, I literally had one go into my leg an inch." Moans James.

"You should try real bullets or take cover for once." Snickers Cody who I literally just noticed was in the back.

"Alright, GO!" All the doors swing open all eight of us are out and running toward the quote-on-quote "enemy establishment" where the hawk squad was protecting their prisoner. In this case the "prisoner" is a CPR practice dummy.

Cody signals me to follow him, I can hear the others off in the distance. We slowly make our way around the fence of the enemy base. Cody has this thing where instead of whispering he just doesn't talk and makes really elaborate hand signals.

"Dude what the fuck does a bird have to do with anything?" I whisper as he continues making his useless hand signals. He starts making them more frantically now, as if it would help. "Remind me to learn sign language." I hit him with the bottom of my Glock on his head before moving on past him. "Oh. Shit." I mutter, seeing over the shrub and bushes. Well at least I learned what the bird signal meant.