0.1

Ros entered the Art Room and quickly went to work setting out the paints for her first class of kindergarteners that were supposed to come to her in less than half an hour. Without wasting time, Ros put up the picture of the cartoon giraffe they were going to paint that day and got out clean brushes and paper towels.

Ros had a few moments to drink her coffee before she heard the steps of the kindergarteners making their way down the hallway to go to their special classes. Ros heard the sound of the high school student intern's voice shushing the children as they got closer to the classroom.

"Now I need you all to be very good for Ms. Aguirre today, okay? You'll get a special treat from Mr.Yoon if you get a class sticker since it's Friday." The intern, Ryan, was given many "yes"s in response. The children came into the class and went to their seats, a couple of them going up to hug Ros before they sat down.

"Tell me if they cause any problems." Ryan said to Ros, leaning closer than he probably should have. Ros gave him an awkward smile and sent him on his way. Being the youngest teacher in the elementary school gave Ros attention from the high school seniors who interned there, even though they were still children in her mind. Ryan was one of the bolder ones who tried his best to come in close contact with Ros whenever he had the chance.

Ros went to the front of the class and began her lesson, getting interrupted by her young students as would be expected considering how young they were. After forty minutes, it was almost time for their teacher to come collect their students. Ros prepared herself to have another awkward encounter with Ryan but was surprised to see the man from earlier standing at her door.

The kids were all lined up by the door, trying to show their teacher their drawings at the same time.

"Were they on their best behavior?" He asked Ros, who nodded happily.

"They were exceptional today! They got all three stickers for their class." The class cheered and their teacher beamed at them in pride.

"Let's all thank Mrs. Aguirre for the wonderful art lesson." The class chorused a "thank you" which made Ros smile, despite being called "Mrs." and being perpetually single. The class left down the hall and Ros prepared herself for the second graders that were about to show up.
.
.
.
.
Two hours later, Ros waved goodbye to her first graders and went to her back room to get her lunch and eat alone in her room like always. Most of the teachers around her were older men and women who had lunch with each other. Ros' only companion in this school had a different planning period that week, so Ros was forced to eat alone until the schedule changed.

Ros opened her can of Arizona and sat at one of the tables in her room, despite it being kid sized. It was surprisingly not too bad of a fit. Ros pulled out her Tupperware of salad and frowned at it. She hated salad for lunch. But that was all she had in her house prepared this morning so this was what she was eating for the day.

Ros pulled out her phone and scrolled through Instagram while poking disinterested at her salad, taking a few bites here and there. Ros put down her phone when she heard a knock on her doorframe. It was the teacher from earlier.

"Hello! Come on in!" Ros said with a wave of her hand, happy to be in someone else's company. He walked in with his lunch as well.

"They don't have the teachers stay in the lunch room anymore and I didn't really know where else to go."

"Well, I'm glad you chose here, it's been pretty lonely." Ros said with a smile.

"I'm Yoon Jeonghan, by the way." Jeonghan said with a hand out which Ros took and gave a quick shake.

"I'm Ros Aguirre. Nice to meet you, again." Ros tried to keep eye contact with him to avoid staring at his entire person like a creep.

"Ros ? That's an interesting name." She nodded, understanding.

"It's just short for Rosalinda, but I hate that name so Ros is just fine by me." Jeonghan nodded and opened his lunch. They ate in silence for a minute.

"So, how long have you been married? You seem pretty young." Jeonghan asked conversationally. Ros immediately choked on her kale and had to chug her green tea to regain her composure.

"Sorry, sorry. But married?" Ros asked curiously.

"You're Mrs. Aguirre, correct?"

"Oh, no no no. It's just Miss. The office gets it mixed up sometimes. And the kindergarteners especially." Jeonghan nodded, his face flushed slightly pink.

"How long have you been teaching here at Honeywheld?" Ros asked to change the subject.

"This is actually my first week." Jeonghan replied and Ros raised her eyebrows. "I'm subbing for Mrs. Hope."

"Isn't she on maternity leave?"

"Yep. So I have her class for at least 6 weeks."

"Well, you're always welcome in the art room if you ever need anything, especially during lunch time." Ros said and Jeonghan gave her a smile in return.

"I think I'll take you up on that offer, Miss Ros."

~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHOOP there it is, chapter 1
Get lit

~Karles