Part 2

The days following Wednesday when Oikawa and Iwaizumi met up seemed to fly by. It was Saturday morning and Oikawa just woke up. He rubbed his eyes sleepily and tried to reconstruct the dream he had in his head. He hated when he couldn't remember his dreams, especially when he knew what he dreamt for a few moments when he first woke up. After a few minutes they always seemed to fade away and it made him frenzied. He decided to forget about last nights dream and instead, crack a smile. He sat up speedily when he realized what day of the week it was.

His ebullience was as strong as ever. He arose out of his bed and felt as if he floated to the shower. He felt up in the clouds today, this was the first time him and Iwaizumi were going to spend time alone together in a very long time. It made him feel anxious and excited at the same time. He undressed and turned on the water. He looked in the mirror. His hair was a mess and he thought his nose looked too big. He always boasted about how all the girls were attracted to him and how appealing he was, but in all modesty it was a big cover-up. He really, truthfully thought that he was hideous. Everyday he looked in that same mirror, but what he saw wasn't a handsome seventeen year old boy, he saw an ugly, failure. He was never good enough. He hated his reflection, but he couldn't take his eyes off of it. The girls were also a lie. Everyone thinks that Oikawa Tooru is the prince of Aoba Johsai but he's not. He's only had about two girls confess to him in his whole life. He built up a hard outer shell to protect his fragile inner being. No one was aware of his low self-esteem or how he doubted himself, though. Sometimes he would look into that same mirror and cry for hours.

He ran his fingers through his thick brown hair and stepped in the shower. The hot water hit his back. Oikawa believed that a shower wasn't only for cleansing your body, but it cleansed your mind, too. He liked to clear his foggy thoughts, sort them out and put them together like scattered puzzle pieces. From time to time he would swim out too deep into his thoughts and feel like he was drowning. This was another one of his fears. Oikawa was also a coward, he comes across strong, but he is very breakable. He's always the first one to cry when they lose a volleyball match, none of the teams members know about this. He goes in the nearest bathroom, finds a stall, and let's his tears soak his cheeks. He hated crying alone, but he hated crying around people more. It made him feel weak. But he always felt pressured and even if it wasn't his fault they lost a match, it was. He blamed himself for everything, it wasn't just volleyball. But one thing makes him happy.

Iwaizumi might not always show his affection, but he cares about Oikawa, and Oikawa knows it. When it's just the two of them, Iwaizumi loosens up. Oikawa loved this side of Iwaizumi. He loved the sight of him laughing, it's hard to believe, but Iwaizumi actually has a wild sense of humor. Normally, Oikawa is left in tears, but the ones that make him feel good inside. He turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. He avoided the mirror on his way out, he told himself that today was bound to be a good day. He felt fortuitous for the plans that were made.

Oikawa pulled a black shirt with a little alien on the left side of the chest over his head. This was his favorite shirt, accurate to popular belief, he really likes aliens. He then put on a pair of boxers and black skinny jeans. He brushed his fingers through his wet hair. He never brushed it, he didn't feel the need to. It was a mess either way, but when brushed, it was a poofy mess. He grabbed a cardboard box off of his dresser filled with discs and tapes. It was the box of old music he had been talking about. He carried it into the living room and set it down on the coffee table. He beamed as he looked at the box, he was proud he had found it in their disheveled basement. He picked up one of the cds and eyed it. Most of the songs were uncanny and he'd never heard of them before, but there were a few songs he recognized, too.