frost bite

Jack now sat tied to a chair at the opposite end of the table as the box. His staff sat atop a shelf in the workshop. Sandy was watching him. And the yetis shoveled up the snow.

"Did we really have to tie him up?" tooth asked.

"We had no choice. He keeps trying to pick up the crystal." Began bunny "we still don't know what will happen if he does. You saw what happened when he opened the box."

"Yes, it is very interesting. We must find out as much as we can about this orb." Said Chris.

"But we can't read the pages about it in the book." Stated bunny.

"I don't like this." Buzzed tooth. "We are guardians shouldn't we be able to read every page in the book?"

"Perhaps it's not for us to-"

WOOSH!! Chris was cut off as a chilly wind wiped trough workshop. Blowing the snow about.

"Jack!" cried tooth.

"Really? Stop with the wind" called Bunny.

"He still can hear us" yelled Chris.

The wind suddenly died down as... PLOOSH!! ..The yeti's dumped a bucket of snow on Jack.

AAAHHHHHHH!! He yelled as he rocked the chair only to fall over, face first, into the snow. Jack hadn't been able to say a word since he opened the box.

"Feel better" joked bunny as he and Chris sat jacks chair up right again.

"Wait!" called Tooth pulling the boys back and away from jack. "Look" his eyes where glowing again, A swirl of blue and white. Just as they had been when he opened the box.

And like before the room chilled to a freeze, frost spread across the room from jack to the sealing. Wisp of snow blowing around his feet in dancing spirals. One whorled across the table and over part of the book and the first few synbles glowed and twisted.

"The snow' said Chris "bunny get some snow"

What?" asked bunny.

Oh!" I get it" said Tooth as she scooped up some snow and blew it on the book and again the symbles glowed and twisted. Revealing more words.

Chris kept a close eye on jack as bunny and tooth revealed all the passages about the box. Jacks eyes continued to glow as the words glowed and twisted. Chris wondered what jack was seeing as he began to pant and breakout in a sweat. His winds picked up as snow began to fall again. Chris reached out to jack trying to get his attention. When he touched his hand it was so cold it burned Chris's finger. "Frost bite." He said to himself in a huff of smoky breath, as he rubbed his fingers together.