Jingle Jingle

It was in the northern hemisphere and jack was headed out on the southern winds, when he got a jungle from his pall in the far north. It started a low soft sound but slowly got louder and harder as time passed. As it rang to jingle bells jack was sure who it was from.

He blew into the workshop with a chilly wind, right into a swarm of tiny fairies. The little lady's swooned and whorled around jack, until Tooth shooed them away.

"Thanks T" said jack lightly.

"They just love you so much" replied tooth as the other guardians gathered around a large table.

"Hay guys, what's with the jingling" he said sitting down and rubbing his ears" my ears are still ringing".

"Chris hasn't said." said bunny reaching around and pushing jacks feet off the table. "Hay, we eat here".

Sandy swirled him with gold glittery images of food, nodding his head

Jack looked around and the workshop was busy for middle of the year. He wondered where Chris was for a minuet then rubbed his ears again. There didn't seem to anything up with the globe. So why the jingle, and when where his ears going to go back to normal?

Chris busted through the back doors of his workshop a few flights up and made his was down to the table with the others. With him he carried a very large old book and an even older looking wooden box. After he set the book down on the table he set the box down very careful and put his hands on his hips.

"You rang us for an old book and a box?" bunny questioned.

"What is it?" asked tooth. And question marks floated above Sandy's head.

But jack just looked at the box. There was something about the box he just couldn't quite get himself to let go of.

"Last night I was in my office and...." as Chris jumped in to his story about how he was blinded by a moon bean bouncing around his office off of all his shiny things. He talked about how he fallowed the light to this box at the very tip of a shelf in the very back of his office. This box had been there so long he had no idea it was there...jack continued to stare at the box... he could have sworn it was glittering thought the lairs of dust.

Hearing that even Chris didn't know what it was, was very shocking. He was the oldest of them all and to not know about the things in his workshop was unheard of.

Just as he opened his mouth to let out a crack about his age, Chris flopped the book open and began to flip through the pages. At last he came to a page with a very intricate box. Everyone turned their attention to the box and Chris took a big breath and blew off the box, only to fill the room with dust. As the dust cleared jack realized the box was glowing. The intricate designs had a soft inner glow and sparkled like the freshly fallen snow.

 He reached out and touched the box and the soft glow grew bright like the sun shining off a world of white snow. And suddenly there was a seam creating a lid on the box that wasn't there before. And he could hear a voice. Singing so softly he wasn't sure he was actually hearing it.

This time he didn't just reach for the box he opened it. And beam of light shot out of the box and exploded on the sealing and it was suddenly snowing in the workshop. It was amazing jack couldn't just see the snow he could feel it's' cool touch and smell its freshness. Again he reached out... to touch the blowing crystal resting in the box.

Suddenly he was on the floor with bunny on top of him shouting... Dazed and confused buy the sudden jolt it took him a moment to focus on bunny and another to realize he couldn't hear bunny. In fact he couldn't hear anyone or anything.