Ch 13: Deranged

Bharath gripped the wall tightly, terrified. He had just witnessed a murder taking place right in front of him. And to top it all, Ms Eve, who happened to be the murderer herself, was slowly making her way to him, tightly clutching a bloody pair of scissors. 

    "Please....Stay away! Ma'am, stay away!" He begged. 

    "You...shouldn't tell...I won't let..you.." She muttered, her eyes rolling back in her head. 

    Ajay and Chris were helplessly watching. If only they weren't made of that stupid plasma thingy, they could've atleast tried to help him.

    Bharath stumbled towards the exit, closely followed by Ms Eve, who had her arm raised. He desperately tried to run, but his fever had made him really tired. He tripped and fell just outside the infirmary. 

    Ms Eve lunged at him, and he screamed at the top of his lungs.

_____ _ _____

    Meanwhile, Aravind, Rahul, and Anish had been playing in the football field, even though it was still raining heavily. They'd found the ball and were just kicking it around, and Anoop was standing aside, wishing he could join them. 

    After a short while playing, A loud scream pierced through the air. 

    "That's Bharath's voice! Why's he shouting?" Anish asked. 

    "Maybe Ma'am just gave him an injection, haha. He hates injections." Rahul replied.

    "I don't think that's it. Quick. Lets go check it out" Anish said, and the three of them, completely drenched from head to toe, ran as quickly as they could to the infirmary.

    What they saw made them completely freeze in their tracks. 

    Bharath's body lay, bloody and grimy, sprawled on the floor just outside the infirmary. 

    Anish knelt beside him, scooping Bharath's head onto his knees. "What the bloody hell?!" He screamed. 

    All of them could easily make out the metallic gleam of the scissors, jutting out from Bharath's chest, blood oozing from the gash. 

    He was dead. 

    "Who did this...." Rahul groaned, tears streaming from his eyes. Aravind noticed the bulky frame of the dead man's body lying on the floor, his blood staining the carpet. Ms Eve was nowhere to be found. 

    "Ms Eve... is she the one who killed both of them?!" Anish cried in anger. "Who let that bloody killer even work at our school?!" He screamed. 

    "L-Let's get Bharath to the hospital!" Aravind said. 

    "No use....He's...dead.." Rahul muttered, his voice cracking. 

    "We have to find her. Ms Eve. Whether she's the killer or not, we have to find her." Anish muttered. 

    "Then come on. She has to still be here in school." So saying, Aravind took off, followed closely by Anish and Rahul. 

    Anoop, Ajay and Chris just stood there in shock. They had no idea what was going on. They only knew that Rahul was going to die in the 3rd floor. They hadn't expected to see a whole series of murders happening one by one. first the man, and now Bharath.