Ch 18: Remains

The group, now with 6 people and a ghost, made their way to the biology lab once again. Once inside, Ajay and Chris looked around for a while, finally pointing at a shelf. 

     "I'm positive there was a room behind that shelf. I don't know if they filled it up, or if they just hid it away." Ajay said. 

     "They would've had to open the room for that, and that means they should've found Anish in there... Either alive or dead." Chris exclaimed.

     "But then... the newspaper definitely mentioned 3 students dead and 1 missing... From what you said, The 3 dead students were Rahul, Bharath, and Anish. The ones with slash marks and eyeballs gouged out were Rahul and Anish. Since Bharath was the first student to be killed, I'm guessing he was the one chopped to pieces. None of you saw what happened to him after he was killed, right?" Shirley asked.

    "Nope." Ajay answered. When Aravind went down, Bharath's body was nowhere to be found. Finding the Man-ghost there, they just went back up." 

     "So I'm guessing the nurse went back and chopped Bharath to pieces, and tossed them somewhere for the police to find." Shirley said.

     "So, Aravind was the guy they mentioned missing, then", Prabhu said, frowning. "But I still can't shake off the feeling that something's not what it seems..."

    "Well, lets find out." Ajay said, beckoning to Anoop to help push the shelf aside. 

     The two of them, after a while of grunting and heaving, managed to reveal the wall where the door should've been, but nothing gave away the fact that there was ever a door at that location. 

     "No door. That either means the workers have done a real good job concealing the door, or we've done a real bad job, not remembering the exact location of the door." Chris exclaimed with a sigh, wiping the sweat off his brow. 

     "I'm positive. The door was here." Ajay responded, scratching the back of his head. 

     "I guess there's one way to find out." Prabhu said, and hefted a screwdriver he had found on the floor. 

     Soon, everyone took turns hammering and scratching the wall, slowly forming a hole. The chipped paint and dust floated to the floor. 

     twenty minutes had passed, and the most they had managed was a a 2 foot wide, but not very deep crater on the wall. 

     The Man-Ghost, who had been silently spectating the whole thing, stepped forward, heaving his hand back for a ridiculously strong punch, shattering a large section of brick. 

     With a few more well-placed punches, Priya's jaw dropped as the now broken wall revealed an ancient door, layered with age-old dust and suffering from a vicious termite infestation.  It looked like it would crumble at the slightest touch. It had only withstood this long because of the wall built over it. 

     "Well, who'd like to do the honors?" Prabhu asked, and when no reply came back, he stepped towards it and gingerly opened it. It was still slightly jammed, but the termites had made the door really flimsy, and it came apart easily. 

     They were greeted by a skeleton. 

     "Urrgh." Priya grimaced as she clamped a hand over her mouth, running out of the lab. 

     The horrid stench that arose was so strong, everyone felt the same way, trying not to gag. 

     "I...guess we found the missing student..." Anoop said, trying to breathe through his hands. 

     Prabhu closed the door and tried to fan away the smell, unsuccessfully. "My guess is that the door was never opened after Aravind locked himself inside. He simply suffocated to death.."

     Priya rushed back inside in a hurry. "Guys, I saw a flashlight. Someone's probably looking for us. "

     "Where?", Anoop asked.

     "Near the dorms. Won't be reaching here anytime soon, that's for sure." Priya said. 

     "Not that big a problem then." Ajay said. "I'm still very perturbed... We found the skeleton of Aravind and saw ghostly dead bodies, but we didn't notice anything that happened to karthik, Sai, Vivek, and Rohit. And if they were killed barely a few hours ago, we should've definitely seen or heard something!"

     The Man stepped forward once again, this time a bit more hesitant. 

     "I might....know...answer to...that."

_____ _ _____

     A/N: Welcome back to the latest chapter of After School II! There's barely a chapter or two left, and I can't wait to see if you guys enjoyed the ride! Lemme know what you think by leaving a vote, or a comment!