1. Guardian Angel

"It had a tail." Scott grunted pulling himself up the rock climbing wall. "Stiles doesn't have a tail."

"Maybe he just hasn't grown it yet." Allison said climbing the wall a lot more successfully but slowing down for him.

"It also had scales." He said.

"Well did you tell Stiles about it yet?"

"Yeah, but he doesn't know what it is either."

"Maybe I should...." Allison stopped noticing that Scott's grip was slipping.

"Woah!" He yelled as his grip released completely and he fell from about twenty feet. His heart raced and he thought his life was over but the emergency brake on his harness proved him wrong.

It stopped him only inches from the ground before releasing him onto the mat lying below him.

"McCall, I don't know why but your pain gives me a special kinda joy." Coach laughed. "Alright, next two; Stilinski, Erica, let's go, to the wall."

Stiles smiled, his competetive drive surfacing as he stepped up to the wall. The two began to climb, Stiles moving alot faster than Erica. It was like no time at all had passed before he reached the top and came back down. He stood proud of himself while Erica hadn't even made it to the top yet.

He looked back up when he began to hear her breath heavily. Her heartbeat sped up and he could smell the fear coming off of her. Everyone else got closer as Coach began talking. "Erica, are you dizzy? Is it Vertigo?"

"Vertigo's a disfunction of the vestivular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out." Lydia said less than pleased that someone else was getting attention.

"Erica." He called again.

"I'm fine." She said unconvincingly.

"Coach, maybe it's not safe, you know she's epileptic." Allison said.

"Why doesn't anyone tell me this stuff? Erica, you're fine, just kick off from the wall, there's a mat to catch you."

She slowly complied, gently pushing away from the wall to let the harness lower her safely to the ground.

"Alright, shake it off, you're fine." Coach said as some of the other students began to laugh.

Erica gave an embarrassed smile as she walked past Stiles. A silent Stiles who wanted to say sorry. Sorry for being selfish, for not helping you. But he just watched her walk toward the girls locker room.

________________________

Erica stood at the foot of the wall. The rock climbing wall that she couldn't make it to the top of. The fact that she didn't make it to the top made her feel utterly gutless and weak. A feeling that she couldn't stand, so here she was. She started to climb, no harness, no mat, no safety what so ever. No company either, other than the gleam of determination inside her at the moment.

"What about tomorrow night?" Scott asked. He and Stiles along with all the other male classmates of theirs were in the locker room changing.

"I don't know, with that thing that you saw, Isacc missing, Derek being... up to something, Allison's family, it just doesn't feel right." Stiles answered.

"You have to start worrying about this sometime, Stiles. I mean you're a sixteen year old werewolf virgin." Scott said bluntly.

"Dude, don't scream it to the world." Stiles whispered and looked around like it was an illegal transaction.

"I'm just saying. When I'm with Allison, and I mean, 'with' Allison, it's like there's nothing in the world to worry about at the moment, like you're above it all floating on the moon, or underwater breathing. It's like having super powers... are you even listening?" He noticed Stiles' quizative expression.