two.

02. HOW HAS IT BEEN PENGUIN?

The noise my heels clicking against the cement bounces off the walls of the buildings beside me. I can feel Stefano and Gio's eyes burn a hole in my back. I take a deep breath as I let my mind wonder to the thought of others not being able to see me. A cold rush covers my body. Then it's gone.

I'm invisible.

I look behind me. Stefano and Giovanni both get into a car. The car sits there for a few more minutes before finally leaving. Their goons follow behind them. I turn back to Arkham. A gaping hole is on the side and debris is everywhere. I shake my head and chuckle. The wind picks up. I stare up ahead and make my way to Oswald Copplepot's house.

« 🗡 »

My feet ache. All around my is emptiness. I've made my way to the outskirts of Gotham. Up ahead is The Penguins house. The wind is screeching and my feet are screaming in pain.

The door is finally in front of me

The door is finally in front of me. My eyes close as I feel myself shake off the invisibility. Opening my eyes, I gingerly press the doorbell. I let out shaky breaths. My chest heaves up and down fast. Every breath I let out, I can see. The temperature drastically dropped.

"Name?" A buff man stands in front of me. I blink once and a gun is pointed between my eyes.

"Cheshire." I stay unfazed as I continue to stare at the barrel of a gun.

"Hey boss," The mans other hand is pressed against his ear,"they sayin there name Cheshire." The man slowly lowers his gun. I blink and sigh in boredom.

"Boss says to come in." He steps aside. I shove past him and into Penguins dining room.

"Pingüino, long time no see." I chuckle as his expression changes to annoyance.

"Cheshire." He says bowing his head.

"How's it been going?" I tilt my head to the side.

"Quite great. Bats has ruined some big heist but we've made up for that." Penguin stands up and hobbles his way to a drawer.

"What's that?" I point to the shining object in his hand.

"I was going to give you this on your birthday."