Chapter 14: 3 weeks after Rikkie gets out of the hospital

A/N: You'll see a pattern in this story. Most things that are plot-changing, tragically good, or tragically bad, there will be rain!!! I personally love rain so there'll be a lot of it. ENJOY!!

I was home by myself, sitting upside down and listening to the rain pound on the house around me. I suddenly heard someone's fist smashing against the door repeatedly. I quickly got up and ran to the door, pulling it open. Mike stood there unsteadily, stinking of alcohol. "You kissed Billie?!" He screamed, his words slurring. I shook my head.

"Don't lie to me, Rikkie!" Mike yelled, pushing his way into the house.

"Mike, you're drunk. You really shouldn't get yourself ang--" I was cut off by Mike's hand hitting my face followed by him yelling "SHUT UP!". I fell back onto the floor, not believing what had just happened. Damn he was strong. I looked at him, angry now. I wasn't some girl he could just push around. "Get out." I said, getting up.

"No! Not until you answer me!" He screamed.

"Fine! Yeah, I kissed him and it was damn amazing! Happy? So if this is the way you're gonna treat me, we're over! Don't come back here unless you're gonna apologize for this shit! Now get out!" I yelled, furious. He seemed in a weird sort of angered shock before storming out. After he left, the anger started to fade and irrational sadness set in. What had I just done? He was the first boyfriend I ever had...one of the nicest guys I knew....I guess I just didn't love him like I had thought I did. I grabbed my red chuck taylors and my black hoodie, putting them on and going outside. I pulled my hood over my head and walked to Billie's as tears unvoluntarily dripped down my face. I couldn't be alone now. I wanted to be with someone. My first thought had been to go to Billie so that's what ended up happening. I climbed up to his window and knocked, hoping against hope he wasn't sleeping. Thank god he came to the window and opened it up. "Rik? Why're you here? It's really late and raining." He said, rubbing his eyes. I didn't answer and just climbed in the window, hugging him tightly. I could tell he was surprised but he hugged back anyway. "Rikkie? What's wrong?" He questioned.

"M-Mike hit me and yelled at me......we got in a little bit of a fight and I broke up with him..." I said, stammering a little as more tears poured down my face at the memory.

"Oh....I'm sorry.." Billie said, hugging me a little tighter.

"Don't be...he turned out to be a jerk...they always do..." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"You deserve better than some jerk.." He said quietly. I wanted to tell him that I loved him. More than anyone. I didn't think now was the right time. I'd tell him soon though. He needed to know... "Can I spend the night here? I don't really want to go home." I explained.

"Sure." He said, still hugging. We ended up falling asleep on his bed together after hours of talking, arms around one another.