Chapter 23

Lexin's POV

Its been weeks since we saved Camila's friends from danger. Nothing unusual happened from the past week. All are normal, people are busy with their lives.

I've been keeping an eye on Brad, he was still recovering from the beating we gave him.

Everyone has their own business and we are just encountering minor problems thankfully.

I am currently here at the watch tower, watching people, observing everyone and everything.

I saw Y/N and Lauren walking together, the two grew more closer than ever, they are inseparable. I can see that they like each other but they are both scared to admit their feelings for each other.

I picked my butterfly knife from my boots and play with it since I am getting bored now.

"Hey!" Someone greeted me from behind and I looked back. I saw Camila smiling at me and I gave her a smile back.

"Hey Camila, what's up?" I asked her.

"Nothing much, I'm just bored I have nothing to do, how about you what's up?" She asked me and sat beside me.

"Well I am bored too, I have nothing to do also" I told her.

"Then I'm here to take your boredom away" she said goofily and I chuckled.

"Yeah you're right, your goofy presence alone is enough to take my boredom away Camila" I told her and she smiled but there's a slight tint of pink in her cheeks.

"So why are you doing a watch even at day?" She asked curiously.

"Well to keep the camp safe away from harm, you know you can never predict the future Camila there's still a possible danger, in order to prevent that we are still keep doing the watch even at day" I explained to her and she nodded her head.

"Oh, now I know. So Lex what do you do for a living before this apocalypse happened?" She asked me.

"Well, I am a cadet training for the navy seals before this chaos happened" I told her and she stared at me.

"Really? That's  cool" she said.

"What about you though? What do you do for a living before this apocalypse happened?" I asked her.

"Well, I am a famous singer, a member of a girl group band" she said and I looked at her surprised.

"Really? That's amazing, but honestly I've never heard one of your songs" I told her.

"Really? That's really offending Lexin" she said then she crossed her arms and faced the other way.

"Hey Camila, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, its just I am in training okay, there is no cellphone, no outside communication even to my family and no internet, how will I listen to your song?" I explained and she looked at me

"Is that true?" She asked

"Yes its pretty much true, I won't lie to you that's our honor code" I told her.

"Hmm.. If that's the case you are forgiven" she said and I smiled wide.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes" she said.

"Thank you Cami, but I bet you and your band are a great singers" I told her genuinely.

"Thank you Lex" she said with a grateful smile.

"No problem, by the way, may I know who are your bandmates?" I asked her.

"Well my bandmates are Dinah, Normani, Ally and Lauren" she told me.

"Really? Wow that's amazing, I wished that I listened to your songs then but gadgets are not allowed, too bad" I said.

"Brad was also a singer" Camila blurted out and stared at her like she have two heads.

"No way" I said.

"Why are you so surprised?" She asked, laughing a bit.

"Nothing, I guess I just didn't expect it from him" I said and Camila nodded.

We spent the whole afternoon talking about some random stuffs and about what we missed before the world became infested by these horrible flesh eating corpses.

Your POV

I was doing an inventory for food and medical supplies and I found out that we were running low of supplies especially the medical supplies, this is gonna be a big problem if we run out of this supplies, these are the most essential supplies. The guns and ammos are still enough.

I picked up the radio from my belt and called Lexin.

"Lex, can you please come here in the supply storage? This is pretty important, over" I said and waited for her response.

"I'll be there in a minute, over" she responded.

After a minute, I saw Lexin walking towards me.

"Is there something wrong Y/N?" She asked me.

"Well we are running low of our food supplies and medical supplies" I told her and she frowned.

"That's gonna be a big problem if we run out of food and medical supplies, is there enough for a few weeks though? For the food supply I mean?" She asked me

"Well for the food supplies there is still enough for approximately a month" I told her and she put her thumb and index finger under her chin and she seems like thinking for a good solution.

"If you'll agree, give us a few weeks to go outside to hunt for supplies" she proposed, at first I didn't want to agree because it might be pretty dangerous but we don't have a choice but to agree.

"Okay I'll agree but Lex, promise me that you'll come backh here alive, you and your team" I told her and she gave me a kock salute.

"As you wish boss, we're going out tonight so if you'll excuse me, I gotta go, to prepare my things" Lexin said then walked away.

I hope that we do not reach the point that supplies run out, I don't want to deploy Y/N and her squad in a dangerous mission but we really need that in order for us to live.