Chapter Two: Bootcamp

[2 weeks later]

Camila's POV:

                     I'm really excited but at the same time nervous for tomorrow because it's bootcamp. I've been doing literally nothing but practising my singing since the day of my audition. I don't think we're gonna be singing tomorrow though, i heard that they're just gonna cut people before the performances. Oh no. what if they cut me? i'm too nervous now. Too many thoughts are filling my head so i decide to sleep early.

[the next morning]

                        Good morning..or bad morning. I don't feel so good. I went to bed at around 8:00PM but it felt impossible to get any sleep. I think i better get up and get ready so I look at the clock beside my bed. it was 9:33AM and I had to be there by 10AM, SHOOT! I'm gonna be late!

I quickly got up from my bed and went to my closet, i took out a simple outfit. Light pink skinny jeans and a white shirt. I ran downstairs.

"Mom, mom!!," I said, running into the kitchen.

"Camila, go and meet your dad outside! he's waiting to take you to bootcamp!," Mom yelled.

I quickly put on my shoes and ran to a mirror in the hallway. I'm glad I didn't have a bad hair day today. I rushed outside and got in the car.

"Papa! I'm ready!" I said.

"Good you're here," he said. "I thought you would be late."

I felt more nervous than ever thinking about what would happen today. I practised a few Do-Re-Mi's in the car to warm up.

My dad gave me a smile. "Don't worry about today Camila," he said. "You have made us really proud, and it's a huge blessing. You're a blessing to us Camila, we are so lucky to have you as our daughter."

"Gracias papa, te quiero," I smiled. (thank you dad, I love you)

My dad turned a few lefts and rights, then we have arrived at bootcamp. I think my heart stopped beating right there. I went out of the car quickly and waved at my father.

"Papa, pick me up here at about 2pm, okay? Reza por me," I said, smiling. (Pray for me)

"Okay, Camila, enjoy out there," he nodded.

I closed the car door and he drove off. I went inside the building and there were alot of people. The groups were all put in one area, boys in one area, over 25's in one area and the girls in one area. I was about to walk over and join the other girls when I saw Simon Cowell talking to three other girls. A producer came over to me and told me he wanted to talk to me. So i went over with him.

"Camila Cabello, that's your name right?" he asked.

I nodded lightly, feeling kind of shy.

"Well, i've been speaking with the producers and other judges and we think making a girl group would be a great idea for the show. So i've put you and three other girls in this new group but I think 4 members isn't enough. I've been searching for this girl to be the fifth member, I precisely know her name is Lauren, but i have no idea what her last name is. Can one of you please find her and inform her she will be a part of this? Because now I can't find her and I have no time for that," he said.

I felt really excited right now that I would be in a group with Lauren and three other girls. Me and Lauren became great friends in the first five minutes i was at the auditions.

"Uhh, i know who she is," I said, still shaking a bit. "Can you give me a second? I know she'll be here."

"Okay, fast though," he said snapping his fingers.

I quickly ran over to the area where the girls were sitting and started asking for Lauren. I couldn't see her and nobody knew where or who she was when I asked.

"Lauren? Lauren?," I called out a few times.

I was about to walk back over to Simon and the girls when I saw Lauen sitting over where the groups were. She was talking to a guy. I'm sure i heard someone call him Keaton. I ran over and grabbed Lauren's shoulder.

"Hey, Lauren!," I said.

"Oh, hey Camz," she said smiling. "What's up?" she asked.

"Simon needs you! me and you are gonna be put into a girl group together with three other girls," I told her.

She looked confused but before she could say anything else I grabbed hold of her hand and we went through the large crowds. we finally went over to Simon and he clapped.

"Ahh, there she is! Lauren right?" he said.

"Yes, it's Lauren," she smiled.

"Okay, well i've been explaining this quite a few times to these girls. If you've seen The X Factor UK before you might already know that something that happens quite often is we create groups. Since I am your devoted and organized mentor, I am organizing all of you girls together as a girl group. I cannot make each one of you solo artists and I'm sorry for that. The competition is stellar this year and I think that you'll do much better in the competition as a girl group. For examples, Look at One Direction! they were a manufactered group in X Factor UK and they're the biggest boyband on the planet right now. It might be hard at the beginning being a new group but you should trust me, It is going to be very fun and I have some big things planned for you girls. Working together as a group would help you girls reach your dreams and I am 100% devoted into helping you girls fulfill your dreams, So What do you say?" he explained.

We all nodded and had smiles on our faces. This is gonna be amazing, i thought.

"Promise me one thing, though," he said.

"Of course!" the tall girl with wavy hair exclaimed. (Dinah)

"Dinah, Ally, Normani, Lauren and Camila, all of you should make yourself, your family, your friends and ME proud," he said, nodding.

"Yes, we promise!" we all exclaimed.

"Great then girls," he said smiling. "I'll see you later then," he said, walking back to his office.

"Soo.." I said awkwardly.

"My name is Camila Cabello," I said, introducing myself.

"I'm Dinah Jane.."

"I'm Normani Hamilton."

"I'm Ally Brooke."

"And i'm Lauren Jauregui.."

"And we're the..."

"Wait what, we don't even have a name yet," I said, all of us shared a laugh.

Lauren's POV:

               I didn't expect this to happen at all. It was all unexpected and I didn't know that I would be with Camila and three other girls in a girl group but I don't think thats bad. Me and Camila became great friends within five minutes of meeting eachother and now i'm really excited to get to know her and the other girls more! On the other hand, I feel proud of myself. I might start living off my dream which is a really huge relief. I have always wanted to do this since I was a kid..dreams do come true.