should I be April's friend?

The next night was a Friday, when Emily heard a strange noise. The sound was sirens, multiple sirens to be exact. Emily ran into Maya's room. "Maya, Maya, wake up look out the window!"
"Emily be quiet I'm trying to sleep."
"No Maya get up, look out the window."
"Okay,okay I will."
     When she looked out the window she saw an ambulance and two cops."Emily go get mom and dad!"
"Maya what's going on."
"I don't know."
     Emily went to go get her parents, but before they even had a chance to go downstairs. There was a knock at the door. It was Lilly and Mr.Callahan. "I'm sorry to bother you but would it be possible for you to watch Lilly for me? I feel horrible about this but April needs to go to the hospital. They are loading her up no, I would have had Lilly go with us but I don't know how long we will be."
"Yes, of course I will come over with her to get her stuff. Will you please call me with updates no matter the time?"
"Yes, but please I'm so sorry I do have to go."
     Earlier the next morning Mr.Callahan called the Braddock's."How is she?"
"Better she can't breathe on her own, but she is awake and attempting to talk. They want to keep her for a few days to take more tests and so she can have 24 hour care. I will see if there aunt can come and watch Lilly."
"Don't wprry about it, we can watch her for as long as you need."
"Thank you. I owe you one."
"We can worry about what you owe me when everything is some what back to normal."