Chapter 1

Chapter 1

{Maya's POV}

My eyes fluttered open. Ugh how much I hate Mondays. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I plugged in my straightener, then walked back my room to get ready for school.

I looked at every piece of clothing in my closet. I grabbed my favorite sweater from Forever 21, perfect rhinestones covered the shoulders.

I walked to the bathroom with a smile on face. I picked up the straightener and straightened my hair, rather quickly.

After I brushed my teeth, styled my hair, and applied my makeup, I went down stairs for breakfast. When I got downstairs my older brother, Ethan, was playing with his Wii-U. My mother was carrying my baby brother, Max.

"Well is anyone gonna make me breakfast?" Ethan said turning the TV off.

"The pancakes are cooking. Calm down or don't eat anything." My mother said.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Yes Maya?" She said flipping a pancake with the spatula.

"I'm thinking of trying out for the school play, auditions are today after school. Do you think I have a chance?" I asked pouring a glass of orange juice in my glass.

"Well Maya you have work all week. I don't think you would have time."

"Oh ok." I said. "I'm going to miss the bus bye mom!"

"Wait Maya what about breakfast?" she asked.

"I'm not hungry." I replied.

I grabbed my black winter jacket, from Hollister. I swung my backpack over my shoulder and slipped on my Toms.

I walked to the bus and sat in my usual seat. I waited a little bit until my best friend in the whole entire world, Maddie, came and sat next to me. She was wearing dark skinny jeans, a super cute red jacket that looked like leather.

We arrived at our school and walked to our lockers, luckily she was only a couple lockers down from me.

"I was thinking of auditioning for the school play, but of course my mom said I couldn't because of work." I said taking my math book out of my locker.

"That sucks, you would've done been great in the play!" she smiled warmly.

"Thanks Maddie!" I said.

The ear piercing bell went off and I walked to first period, waving goodbye to Maddie.

I walked into class and sat down. I felt a pair of eyes on me, I looked to my right and saw my good friend, Finn. Finn was an amazing friend. We met in seventh grade. He's always been such a good friend, but never as good as Maddie.

As math class went on, for what felt like forever, I couldn't help but think of Finn, well something about Finn that happened Friday.

*FLASHBACK TO FRIDAY*

"So Maya I heard you like Finn!" Mona the gossip-girl said to me as she approached me in the hallway.

"Come on Mona, we both know I don't have a chance with Finn." I said trying to avoid another gossip conversation with Mona.

"What about me?" asked a voice behind us.

I turned around and Finn was standing there, with an eyebrow raised.

"oh we were just talking about how Maya doesn't stand a chance with you." Mona said.

I looked at Mona with a what-the-fuck-was-that-for look.

"Maya do you like me?" Finn asked.

I ran away from them. I didn't know what else to do so I ran out of the school. Why did Mona have to screw everything up? God I hate her.

*END OF FLASHBLACK*

***

It was finally the end of the day. I walked to my locker and put all my bags in my backpack. I turned around and ran straight into someone, they knocked me down to the to the ground. I looked up and Finn was standing there, with an innocent look on his face. I helped me up.

"Sorry 'bout that!" he said.

It wasn't until I noticed a girl standing behind him.

"Oh yeah um Maya this is Gwen my girlfriend." he a less innocent look on his face.

I felt as embarrassed as I did Friday. I felt tears pouring out of my eyes. I picked up my backpack and walked away from them wiping away my tears.

***

I pulled up to Scratch Cupcakery, where I work. I walked to the door and unlocked it. Not long after I set everything up, Maddie came in.

"Hey, sorry I'm late I got distracted. Mona again. . ."

"Its ok I just got here anyway!"

"So I heard Kelly couldn't make it today, guess we have to run the store by ourselves."

Kelly was the manager, who was always so sweet and kind, she was a great manager if I say so myself.

Customers passed in and out, ordering all kinds of cupcakes. Today seemed busy to me. usually we don't have this many people. Some of the guys that were walking in were so damn hot.

It was time for our break. Finally. I finished up the last customer and went to the back and sat on stool. Maddie did the same. This is what we always do on our break. We just like to relax and talk.

"So I need to ask you about Finn." I said.

"What about that hunk?" she asked chuckling.

"Do you like I have a shot with him?"

"Maya of course you do! A good relationship always starts out with a good friendship." She smiled her warm, sweet, kind, smile.

"I just wish there was a way to get Gwen to break up with him. Or for Finn to break up with Gwen." I said.

"He's dating Gwen Riverla?" She asked shocked.

"Yeah but it's not like I had a chan--"

"Hello? Does anyone work at work at this place? I'm kinda hungry!" A voice called from the front.

Maddie and I exchanged confused looks. I walked to the counter and froze.

OMG the Harry Styles was standing directly in front of me. OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

"Can I have a Chocoholic cupcake please?" he asked.

"Yeah sure!" I smiled.

I put the cupcake in the box and handed it to him. He pulled out his wallet and looked threw it. He handed me a ten dollar bill.

"Oh no please take it for free! It's ok my boss isn't here today I can get away with it!" I winked.

"I can't just take the cupcake! Come on take the money!" he handed it to me again.

"I'm not taking it!" I said.

"Fine!" He said and put it the tips jar. "Your really beautiful you know!" he smiled.

"Thank you! And may I say your not bad yourself! Ha I'm kidding your very handsome!"

We talked for awhile joking around and getting to know each other a little more.

"Would you maybe want to go to dinner with me tonight? If your not busy!" he asked with the cutest smirk spread across his face.

"No I'm free! Will 7 work?" I asked biting my lip.

"Yeah totally see you then! Thanks for cupcake!"

"No problem!" I said handing him my address and phone number.

I turned around Maddie was standing there smiling.

"You saw everything?" I asked.

"Everything! So are still worrying about Finn?" she giggled.

"Oh I'm sooo over him!" we laughed.