Chapter 2

Chapter 2

{Maya's POV}

I couldn't believe the Harry Styles asked me out on a date. I was freaking out. What if this goes all wrong? What if he never wants to date me again? What if I spill my water on the table, it's happened on a date once, I'm sure it will happen again!

I pulled up in my driveway and parked the car in the garage. I stepped out of car and stopped when I realized something pretty important. What will my mom think? She knows I fangirl of Harry Styles, what is she going to think about me going on a date with him? I guess I'll have to find out.

I walked inside to the sound of chatter, the voices weren't too familiar. I walked into the living room.

"Oh Maya, hello honey! This is Andy, Burt, my bosses son. Come on sit down!" My mother said smiling bigger than a clown.

I sat down on the couch across from the two guys on the opposite couch.

"Mom I really need to go get rea-"

"Maya, be nice and introduce yourself!" my mom cut my off.

"Um ok, I'm Maya. The girl who is spending the night with her friends, she also is in a hurry and doesn't have time for this." I said my eyes making their way to my mom.

"Maya don't be rude!" My mom said angrily.

"I tried mom, I tried." I smiled and went upstairs to my bedroom.

Ok let's see a date with Harry Styles...yeah I have nothing cute to wear. I walked to my closet and skimmed through my clothes. My eyes stopped and landed on my red qutar sleeved skater dress. I took the dress off the hanger and set it on my bed. I walked back to my closet and bent down and picked up my black flats.

I slipped on my dress and shoes and walked to my bathroom and apllied and light coat of makeup. I opened a box my dad made for me when I was little. I kept my sparkly infinity necklace in it. I wrapped the necklace around my neck and looked in the mirror. Why does Harry want to date me? I'm so confused.

i went through all my jewlary and picked out red sparkly braclet that matches my dress. I also picked out matching earings. I grabbed my handbag with a bow covering the front.

I walked downstairs and took my peacoat jacket off the hook. I was ready.

"Mom I'm going out with some friends I'll be back at ten! Bye!" i called out.

"Okay bye honey!"

I walked outside and sat on the steps leading up to the front door. I waited a while for Harry to come. I checked the time on my phone; 7:12. I waited about ten more minutes and finally gave up.

"He's not coming." I whispered to myself.

Just as I stood up a car pulled up into the driveway. Harry stepped out of the car and walked to me.

"Maya I'm sorry I was late I was getting ready and setting everything up! I'm so sorry!" he apologized.

"Harry I'm not mad!" I said.

"Oh great thank you!" he sighed in relief, giving me a hug.

"Shall we go?" I asked giggling.

"Oh yes!" He said taking my hand and pulling me to the car. He opened the door for me and I got in.

What a gentlemen!

Harry climbed in the car and pulled out of the driveway. It was silent for awhile, it was almost awkward for me to be sitting in Harry Styles car. I looked out the window. Looking out into the beautiful snow falling from the sky brings back so many memories.

"I like your necklace Maya." Harry said breaking the silence.

"Thanks my dad gave it to me before he left." I said trying to avoid the topic I knew he would bring up just like everyone else. Of course they don't do it on purpose because it's not like they know in the first place.

"Where did he go?" Harry asked.

Yep and here it is. The horrible topic I never want to talk about. My mom said it would be easier saying he left instead of died. Yes my dad died in a car accident a couple days after my mom found out she was pregnant with Max.

"Heaven. . ." I looked down at my lap holding back tears and trying to stay strong.

"Maya I--I'm so sorry I had no clue." Harry said placing his hand on my leg.

"It's ok. I'm used to it. Everyone asks me about him." I said trying my hardest not to burst out crying.

"So erm. . ." he cleared his throat. "tell me about school." he said quickly.

"Well uh I don't like it. It's pointless." I laughed a little.

"Ha who are your friends?" he asked keeping his green piercing eyes glued to the road.

"Well it's hard to say. Maddie is my only friend." I said leaving out Finn and Mona.

"Oh come on you have to have more friends then that!" I giggled.

"Nope! I know a lot of people but that doesn't mean their my friends!" I said.

"Good point."

The rest of the drive was insanely quiet. None of us had broken the silence and we've been driving for 15 minutes. We finally arrived at the restaurant.

Harry opened the car door for me and held out his hand. I grabbed it tightly as we headed through the doors of the restaurant. Once we walked in everything that was chatter and laughter was now dead silent. We were seated at the back of the restaurant. I looked around uncomfortably. Everyone's eyes were glued to us. Was there something on my face? I better go check.

"I'll be right back. I need to use the restroom." I said standing up. Harry nodded and I headed to the bathroom. I walked through the door and looked at myself deeply in the mirror. Sometimes if I look hard enough I see my dad looking over me proudly. Creepy huh? Well I can't control it.

I starred deeper into the mirror. This time felt weird. This time I felt like he was here. I concentrated hard. Harder and harder and harder. Hard enough I thought I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"AHHHHHH!" I shrieked out. I breathed heavily. Did my dad just touch my shoulder? It felt so real. I turned away from the mirror hopping I wasn't imagining this. I closed my eyes tight. Then I looked back in the mirror. There he was again. I wasn't even focusing. What's going on.

"AHHHHHH!" I let out another shriek. My breathing becoming more unsteady.

I ran out the bathroom and grabbed my coat from my chair. Harry have me a confused face.

"We need to go." I said not able to control my breathing.

"Maya are you alright?" he asked running after me out the door.

"No I'm not!" I replied sternly.

A/N Wanna see Maya's outfit? Go check it out on my polyvore livelivedance ! Thanks!