Never Forgotten

• Dedicated to Edgardo Richard Ventura

~1~

A New Life Awaits

Remembering all the good things of Franklin Park, all the fun with Melanie will be the top of my list. The girl was my best friend; I loved her like a sister and will never forget her. I remember how she had a pool and we’d swim together. Sometimes I wonder, if I don’t get a brother, will I still live there with her. Well that’s an idiotic question, faith would have still moved me or my mom would have found out it was possessed with my old imaginary friend Mike. It turned out he scared my mom and that he was a ghost so my mom would have moved us out cause of that anyways.

Then the bad memories come into place where I remember all the torture. How the kids sling me from one place to another and how the girls would do unimaginable stuff to me. I mean really I’m only seven. I don’t know what’s going on. They brought me to the bathroom and take off my pants saying, “Remember touching is good, telling is bad.” They were in high school and they hurt me. Also of my cousin Luis, he’d hurt me when we were alone. Throwing punches and swinging his hard hand around my leg so I wouldn’t move. I remember once I was trying to be brave and bold, but he pulled a knife on me and cut my lip. I fell to the floor crying in misery and when my mom asked, all he said was, “He was playing with glass.”

I love my momma and dada. I hope they found a new and good house for me.

~2~

The Beginning of High School

The first day of high school for Caleb and all he thinks of is his best friend Melanie. He hung out with her once after he moved, and that was over the summer. He remembers talking with her and they took a photo together. He slips his wallet out of his back pocket through the bus and pulls out the wallet sized photo and looks at it for a few moments. Then sets back, lying in the seat smiling from all those good moments. The bus stops at the next station. Caleb looks over seats and watches the people come in one by one. Tall blonde chick, small athletic male, small annoying black chick, as it goes on eventually, Caleb witnessed a small redhead with freckles everywhere. He studied her for a few moments and then turned away and thought some more. He had a feeling in his stomach that wasn’t pleasant but yet satisfying. As he looks back up he sees her and before she sits, she looks back and says, “Hey Caleb!”

Caleb replied back with a questionable hi and went back into his seat. He thought to himself and though harder as he then started pondering, “How does she know my name and who is she?” He didn’t even try as he just put his ear buds in and turned on the song This Love, This Hate from Hollywood Undead. The song reminded him so much of all the good moments, like when he first went to Russia. It was a total accident, but he met a girl named Sasha from there. He liked her a lot as a friend until he was thirteen. He then puts the photo away and pulls out Sasha’s. She was a gorgeous 15 years old that he had been dating at the time. She loved him so much and he liked her so much, but he never loved her back. He thought about her so much, how they’d have sex nearly every night, how they’d do everything together, their knowledge of each other, and the baby they had together.

            He went back to the trip of Russia and just before he could remember all the pain and torture, the bus makes a quick and hard stop at the school. Everyone got up as he raced to put his photos away. Everyone moved slowly but surely and as he put all his things away the last person exited the bus. He then quickly got off and realized the redhead waiting for him to get off. She then introduced herself, “Hey my names Lana, people call me Red though.”

Caleb, frightened to say anything, said, “Hey, how do you know me?”

“Someone told me. Anyways next time you should sit by me, see you later.”