Innocent ~ A Dramione Fanfiction

Draco’s Point of View:

        I look upon my past with regrets of what I have done. At the age of seventeen I made some irrational decisions when it came to who I obeyed, and those little decisions destroyed my life. Sitting in the rehabilitation center of St Mungo’s wizarding hospital, I found my lines once again crossing those of which belonged to the caring Hermione Granger. Little did I know she would be the one to make me realize, I am still an innocent.

            “Guess you really did it this time, left yourself in your warpath; lost your balance on a tightrope; lost your mind trying to get it back”

          The scratching sound of quills was heard throughout the waiting room, as the infamous Draco Malfoy appearing less of a human than a man destined to the dementor’s kiss. His usually pale white skin resembled the shade of ashes left to age within a fireplace. In fact he looked as though, he indeed might have been brought back from the dead only to be told he once again would be sent through the fiery flames of hell. Staring off into space, it was not until the young medi-witch spoke that he finally looked up from the floor.

Hermione’s Point of View:

       After a year spent training to become a medi-witch at this amazing hospital, I was finally awarded with my first assignment evaluating a mentally ill patient to see whether or not I shall place them in the ward. If the patient proves to be a threat to him or herself; or to others around them they are placed under twenty-four hour care. However, if the issue can be fixed with intense therapy they are allowed to live in the comfort of their own home.

“Wasn’t it beautiful when you believed in everything and everybody believed in you?”

      Picking up my patient folder from Angela, the receptionist, I greet her with a simple smile and nod seeing as she was on the phone. Opening the folder, I glance at the name elegantly written across the paper only to realize it says Draco Malfoy. Although my original reaction would have been to let the shock appear on my face, but when I looked up and saw his frail expression I took pity. Therefore, clearing my throat I fixed my composure into a professional manner. “Draco Malfoy?” I spoke feeling the air within me moving up and down throughout my lungs.

“I hope you remember today is never too late to be brand new.” 

Author’s note: This story is inspired by Taylor Swift’s song “Innocent” off of her Speak Now album. As many of you may know this song is written for Kanye West a man that said some horrid things in the past, and as did Draco to Hermione. Therefore, this song seems like the logical inspiration for my lovely (well maybe or it may just be rubbish) Dramione fanfiction. Comment and let me know if you like it or not. All opinions are welcomed in a professional manner. Thanks again for reading. – E.