Chapter 3: No Smart Kids Allowed

"Smarty pants! Smarty pants!" kids are yelling in the hallway. I peek out the bathroom door and saw that a few kids are forming a circle around some kid. It was the boy I ran into earlier.

Every time I try to walk out, some more people run past me, almost knocking me over. I have to force myself out of the bathroom. I then find myself mixing with the crowd.

"He probably thinks about going to college," a girl in a red sweater yells out. A few teachers laugh along with the kids. The boy's books are scattered out on the floor. Every time he tries and picks on up someone kicks it and yells, "Reading is for retards!"

I can't take it anymore. This school is deluded. My anger forces me to push through the crowd and pick up his books. As soon as I have all four in my hand, I back up next to him.

"Four-eyes and dexter. How romaaaaantic," some guy yells out.

The girl that showed me her science notebook in science class is looking at us. She's taller than all the kids and looks nowhere near her age. I assume she's a teacher or assistance teacher.

"Hey, these kids won't leave him," I try to inform her.

Suddenly, kids start looking at me like I'm mad. Even the boy next to me looks at me funny. As I stare at her, every is also looking where I am. "Who are you talking to?" a girl yells out.

"She's talking to no one because she's retarded." another girl replies.

"Thank you," the boy takes his books from me and runs away from the crowd. The woman from science class is no longer in sight. I try and spot her out but she's long gone, leaving me to handle the crowd myself. They start calling me names. As they draw closer, I start running through the crowd, scared things would get ugly.

I'm able to get away from the kids but every teacher I see scares me. Each one I past gives me a mean look. There's a door a few feet away that says, Janitors only. I run inside because right now I'm too scared to be around anyone else. As I approach the door, I hear music playing from behind it.

Some kids are coming my way but I go inside the janitor's room before they even notice me. Inside are two guys playing guitar. There's one with black hair and another with red. The red head one notices me and sets his guitar down. "Oh no, we've been spotted," he says. "Frank," he calls to the guy with black. "Tie her up."

Frank puts his guitar down, then he points to me. "She's not a teacher, Gerard. She's just a kid."

Gerard shrugs. "She's all good then."

"What is this room?" I ask because there are no cleaning supplies around. There are a few chairs, two guitars, a desk with a pair of headphones on it, and a tv hung on the wall.

Gerard raises his hands in the air. "The music room."

"But it's so small," I say.

Frank rolls his eyes. "Well, we're the only ones who do music throughout the whole school. Cleanses the evil around us." Frank says. He squints his eyes at me. "I'm surprised they haven't got you yet, four eyes."

I swallow nervously. "Got me?"

"I've never seen you around before," he continues. "You better run while you can. Just drop out before you get stuck here like us."

What did they mean, like us?

"This your first day?" Frank asks.

"Yes," I say.

"The first day is just a warning, but if you come here the next day, you're stuck here. Now leave!" Frank yells, making me jump.

I leave the room, closing the door behind me. I can't stay here another day. His warnings didn't frighten me, this school was just weird. And why did he make everything sound so spooky?

 I know! I would tell my mother everything that happened, mention how the teachers are lazy, and she should take me out right away. Right?

*Don't forget to point out mistakes along the way so I can fix them! Criticism is also appreciated but keep it nice;)*