initiation

You weren't sure if your eyes were open or not. You woke up in a sweat a few moments before and when you tried to examine your surroundings, but you were only able to see pitch black. You reached your hands out and noticed that both of your palms were able to touch the walls on either side of you. You tried to feel for a knob on each side, but your efforts was met with nothing. You sighed and slumped against a wall, confused as to what was going on. In fact, you were confused with everything that happened to this point. It sounded absolutely ridiculous-- you went from giving an eyeless man strings to... this. You tilted your head up, unsure of what to do right now as you ran a hand through your hair when you noticed something on your forehead. It felt like gauze. You groaned, recalling the events supposedly the day before. The more you thought about it, the more you wondered why you were stuck in this closet-sized space. Shouldn't I be in like, a hospital? As these thoughts crossed your brain, the ceiling opened a crack, suggesting that you were underground or in a tiny chamber of some sorts. A small slit of light entered the room from above, still allowing enough darkness for your eyes to adjust.

"Hello?" you called out, your voice echoing through the tight space.

"Oh! Hey, are you awake?" the voice above said. You immediately recognized who it belonged to.

"Edd?"

"Yeah, hi! I'll just you out in just a moment. Wait here," he confirmed before the door shut with a soft thunk. You sat there, bewildered. How did Edd get out? What happened to him, Matt, and Tom while you were away? Where the hell are we? The door opened again but this time, all the way. The sudden exposure to light burned, but you tried to ignore it.

"I'm sending a ladder down. Just hold onto it and I'll pull you up," instructed Edd before feeding it down. The rope ladder didn't reach all the way down; it ended a little bit above your height. You started to shakily stand up, your legs feeling like it was being punctured by a million tiny needles and your head immediately starting to pulse in pain.

"Fuck," you mumbled, stumbling around and crashing into the walls close by.

"Are you alright?" Edd asked after hearing the clambering below.

"Y-yeah," you stuttered as you tried to regain your balance. You grasped onto the rope and called out to Edd to pull you out. You ascended and was finally able to get to the surface.

"Here, I got you," Edd said, pulling on your arm to get you out of the pit.

"Thanks," you replied, practically collapsing on the floor. Before Edd could even open his mouth, you started to spew out your questions. "How did you get out?"

"Uh-- wait, hold on," he laughed nervously. "You're a bit of a mess. We gotta clean you up." You looked down and noticed your clothes was still covered in dried blood and your hair was in a disheveled mess.

"Oh," you said. "Sure."

"Here, follow me," Edd said before standing up and offering a hand. You took his aid and carefully balanced yourself on your legs. The moment you started walking, your head was shot with intense pain and you swayed to one side before falling onto the floor again.

"Crap," you groaned before attempting to stand up again.

"Wait wait wait," Edd said, ushering you to stay still. He swung his head around, observing the space. It appeared to be an office with desks lining the walls furnished with large desktops and papers that could occasionally be found on the floor. Edd grabbed an office chair with wheels and propped you on it before pushing you into the next room.

"Better?" he asked.

"Yeah. Uh, while we're on the way to wherever, can I ask a few questions?" you said. Curiosity had flooded you and you refused to wait for answers.