Chp. 4

The next morning, Mike was up early. Everything was gone, so he thought that it might have been a dream. Well, not EVERYTHING was quit right. Some things showed faint signs of the incident were there. Such as the fact that Jack was gone. Another big hint was the dark crimson message on Courtneys wall. More on that in a minute. First, I have to tell you about what happened earlier that day, before the mesasage.

     The first word Mike heard out of Courtnyes mouth was: "Your so stupid! Why did you tell me to do that?"

     And the first out of Penelopes was: "I'm super sorry! But don't call me stupid! I was only trying to help!"

     "Oh, you helped me, alright. Helped me look like a total slu-"

     "Like you've never looked like that before!"

     "I'm gonna kill you!"

     Smack, punch, shove. Penelope was on the ground. Mike had left the room,and didn't see OR hear this. What he heard right then was a moan from his wife.

     Jumping up, Penelope screamed "I hate you!" and ran out of the room.

     And now, there was a message smeared against the wall. Courtney was upset, and demanded to have a bath right then. And Mike, Penelope, and Lilac stayed home. Abi and Phil left to go eat.

     3 gusses on what happened.

     Mmmmm, never mind. I have to tell you. Those 3 were asleep on the couch. Or so it was thought. Because one of them left. One seat on the couch was empty. That person was upstairs, in the bathroom.

     Where Courtney was soon to be found dead.