; twelve

natalie's pov

last night johnson and i ordered some pizza and wings, watched some episodes of shameless then went to sleep.

right now we are at the mall so i can find a job.

"what about" johnson looked around "arbys!" he pointed.

"never a fast food joint." i fake gagged. i love fast food and all, but i think working at one would change my perspective.

"you're still so picky." johnson laughed. "what about bath and body works?"

we walked in front of it. "it would always smell good while you worked." he smirked.

"that's true and it seems like it'd be a pretty easy job." i laughed.

"and you're still lazy." johnson joked.

"hey hey hey, i wasn't lazy when i was out ther-"

"okay, okay. tmi tmi." johnson said.

"did you actually just say tmi?" i squinted my eyes at him. "i'm so ashamed." i held my hand over my chest.

he shrugged and chuckled. "whatever, lets go get you an application."

+

"welp, we've gotten six different applications, so you're bound to choose one." johnson half smiled as i went through every application.

we were currently at a small diner.

"my name is hailey." the cute, young waitress smiled. johnson was gazing at her. she caught him and blushed.

"i'll be waiting on you today, could i start you both off with some drinks?" she asked, grabbing her notepad out of her apron.

"pepsi." johnson said, smiling at her. oh, he better get her number before we leave. she started writing on her notepad.

she looked over at me. "for you?" she asked.

"a water." i smiled politely and set my menu down.

"i'll be right back with those." she put her notepad back into the front pocket of her apron and walked towards the kitchen.

"well she's cute." johnson said.

"johnson, you need someone, you were always the love doctor, but never got into relationships. get her tiger." i winked.

he smirked at me. "do you have a pen?" he asked, i raised an eyebrow, but nodded.

i grabbed a pen from my purse and handed it to him.

he wrote his number down on the napkin. "watch this." he said, hailey walking back over here with the drinks.

"are you guys ready to order?" she asked.

"i'm not getting anything, so if he is then yeah." i laughed.

"why aren't you getting anything?" concern laced within his voice.

"not hungry." i shrugged and lied. after gilinsky went off on me yesterday, i have tried to not let others pay for me as much.

i have some money, but not to spend on 10 dollar burgers.

i concentrated on johnson, waiting for him to make a move.