; fifteen

natalie's pov

i seen a shadow in front of us and froze.

i tried to get quinn's attention and tell her to move.

"what are pretty ladies like you doing out alone at a time like this?" a man walked up to me and brushed my hair out of my face.

"especially in an abandoned town like this one?" he smiled, creep.

"just leave us alone and let us eat." quinn spit while eating some chips.

"don't know if the guys will like a sassy one like you." he said, walking over to quinn and putting his hand on her hip.

"get the fuck off of me, i'm really not fucking playing!" she yelled pushing his hand off.

"but quinn, that'd be no fun." he smirked, grabbing her by the waist and dragging her away.

we promised each other, we'd always be there, never leave each other in trouble.

i ran to an alley before anyone saw me, then i heard two dudes yell.

the footsteps and their voices soon became faint.

i fucking left her, i promised i wouldn't. what if she never comes back?

the last sound i heard were quinn's screams.

+

i sat up quickly, scared. looking around, just to see i was in jack's room.

i held onto the sheets, trying to steady my breathing, calm myself down.

"nat, you okay?" gilinsky's raspy voice asked, turning over.

i closed my eyes, still trying to steady my breathing and nodded slightly.

i dreamed of that night

"nat, its fine. just breathe. don't be so tense. relax." he said quietly, rubbing my arms soothingly.

it all replayed, perfectly

i let go of the sheets and relaxed my body, letting out deep breaths. "i-i dreamed of that night g, wh-when she was taken." my voice shaky.

i finally opened my eyes back up once i had calmed some and look towards gilinsky.

"just get some sleep, i'm right here. it's okay." he layed his hand on my arm.

he smiled at me and i layed back down, still freaked out about the flashback dream i had.

i pulled the cover back over my body and tried to fall asleep, but i couldn't.

i'd close my eyes and see her face, when she was screaming and yelling for them to let go, trying to fight them off.

and i just stood there.

i could have saved my best friend.

i could hear her laugh again, hear her voice, see her smile, all of that.

but no, i choose to hide away from it and not face the problem. the problem that took my best friends life.

my shortest chapter, and the only chapter that will be this short.

i thought it was a good time to end it, i couldn't really expand from there.

so boom, left it on that note.

but i wanted to show you guys how she's feeling about it, next and future chapters will be the normal 10+ pages long

hope you enjoyed !!

thanks for all the votes, comments, shares.

^ gr8ly appreciated <3

- xox lex