Chapter 1

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

My alarm rang at 6:15 am, and my new school starts at 8. I wanted to get there early. I heard my alarm and I check my phone.

mom: I left early to get to work. I made you pancake mix and there is bacon in the fridge, and we have CHOCOLATE CHIPS!

Me: ok mom. ill see you around 4:30 cause im trying out for the dance team today.

mom: ok honey.

I get out of bed and go downstairs to the kitchen. I go to the fridge and get the pancake batter, bacon, and chocolate chips. I walk over to the cabinet and grab two pans. I start putting butter on both pans and pour the pancake mix in one and the bacon in the other. I unlock my phone and go on YouTube. I play I Found by Amber Run. as I flip the pancakes and the bacon I sing as loud as I can. KNOCK KNOCK. I quickly stop singing as I realize that someone knocked on the door. I lower the heat on both pans so nothing burns, and walk to the door. I open the door to see a boy at my door. "hi. im your neighbor steven. I heard you from nxt door and I noticed you just moved in". he says. I nod. "whats your name?" he asked. "Lauren" I replied. "oh ok" he says. we start talking and we both found out both of us walk to school, and decide to walk together. I let him go home to get ready and same for me. I quickly eat my breakfast and go up stairs and get ready. I wore a pair of ripped jeans with a light blue tank top and a black and grey flannel. but I tied the flannel around my waist. I straighten my long light brown hair and start to do my makeup. I look at the clock and its 7:15. me and steven agreed to leave at 7:30. I go to my closet and grab a pair of white converse. I gobrush my teeth and put my rayban glasses on. I hear my doorbell ring so I run down the stairs and grab my bag and books. I check my phone it is 7:25. perfect timing. I open the door to see steven. I quickly smile and close my door and lock it. we begin walking up the block.