Chapter 2 - First Day of School

"Wakey, Wakey, eggs and bakey!" Vera called out as she walked up the stairs. She started to knock on Irene's door. "You need to wake up and get ready. Don't forget that today is your first day back to school."

"Should I get ready too?" Branimir asked.

"Oh my gosh. You startled me. I didn't realize you were behind me."

"Sorry."

"It's alright, but we need to get you some new clothes before you go. You think you could find a store and buy some clothes you like, if I gave you some money?"

"I could, if I knew what a store looked like and how to buy something."

"Never Mind. We'll get it on the way to school." She had figured since he was an alien, he could handle himself, but he didn't even know what a store looked like.

"Ok."

Vera and Branimir walked down stairs. Branimir noticed there was food on the table, and instantly he's at the table asking which is his. Vera lets him know which is his, and then points out that he really enjoys her food.

"It's really good. A lot better than what I tried on Rewop." He said.

"Well I'm glad to know you like it." She said.

While they ate, Irene and Elden came down the stairs. Irene laid down her backpack and started to eat. Elden joined them. As Elden sat down, Branimir finished his food.

"Thank you for the food." Branimir said.

"Done eating already?" Elden asked.

"Can you put your plate in the sink for me?" Vera asked.

"Actually, I was wondering if I could have more." He replied to them.

"I would let you have more, but I didn't make extras. I'll make some more for you next time." she said, while smiling.

"Awww... Ok." Branimir said

Some time passed, and everyone had finished breakfast.

"Let's get going. You don't want to be late to your first day back to school." Vera shouted out to Irene. Then she walked to Branimir and told him to follow them without Irene noticing. Once again she figured that since he was an alien he could handle following them to school. She was wrong. Though he didn't get hurt, he didn't turn when they did and had to catch up to them multiple times. He couldn't help it though. Everything was so new to him.

They had finally got to the school, and before Irene went inside the school Branimir noticed Irene hugging Vera. He remembered how she did the same thing to him last night. He started to wonder what it meant. Was it ok that he hugged her back? Was it a good thing or a bad thing? Once Irene went inside, Branimir came out of hiding and asked Vera what it meant. She smiled and told him that it meant she cared about him. Knowing this he smiled. He was glad someone cared about him. Especially considering he was an alien she barely knew.

"We should go inside and get your schedule. I already registered you online." Vera said.

"Ok, but what is a schedule?" He asked.

"It's going to let you know what classes to go to and in what order."

"OK, but will I have the same classes as Irene?"

"I asked them over the phone, but they didn't tell me for sure."

"Oh, ok"

They went inside and got his schedule. He was excited to hear that he had four out five of the same classes as her. His fifth period was the only one different from her's. Vera told him to go to a classroom with the same number as on the paper. He roamed the school and almost instantly found his class. He knocked on the door and waited for a response. The teacher came to the door and opened it.