Prologue

A/N
Heyy so this is my first Merlin fanfiction. Well actually it's my first fanfic ever so lets see how it goes. Let me know if you think I should continue, and please let me know about any spelling mistakes cause my spelling is awful. Oh and I don't own Merlin if I did it wouldn't have ended and Merlin would have revealed his magic sooner. Enjoy. Cioa!!😄😄😄

                                                                        12 years old

Merlin stood next to his mother trying and failing, to get a good view of the parade going by. King Orin was trying to recruit men and boys into his ever-growing army; even though Ealdor isn't part of his own kingdom. King Cedric, the ruler of the lands Ealdor falls in, couldn't care less what happened to his outlying villages as long as no one laid claim to them. So King Orin travels through any outlying village that he can get away with recruiting, or rather kidnapping, men for his armies.

"Men of all ages, I, King Orin, have come to offer you the great honor of serving and protecting the great kingdom of Nimori!" King Orin exclaims glancing around at the villagers.

"Why should we hand over our men," someone shouts. "We live in Cedric's lands, not yours!" Many more voices fill the air with their outrage. Some people begin to throw trash at the soldiers, demanding them to leave their village. Annoyed by the villager's nonparticipation, King Orin tells his men to start taking any men and boys that seem like they could fight. Chaos erupts the moment Orin orders his men into the crowds. Hunith and Merlin turn to run and escape from the madness but are separated in the confusion.

Lost and panicked that he lost his mother, Merlin unknowingly begins to use magic to float in the air to see over everyone, though he immediately stops once he notices his feet have left the ground. But the damage was already done, King Orin had noticed.

"Grab the kid," he yells pointing over at Merlin. "He has magic!" Men swarm all over Merlin, grabbing his arms and dragging him back towards the King.

"No! Mommy, help!" Merlin screams trying to escape the men's grasps. Just as Merlin reaches the horse behind King Orin, Hunith, Merlin's mother comes out of the crowd yelling for Merlin.

"No! Not my Merlin!" She screams running forward to try and save her son from his kidnappers. Running through the crowd, Hunith runs to Merlin before being stopped by one of the guards. Just as one of the guards slams the butt of the sword down onto the back of his head and Merlin begins to lose consciousness, he watches as the guard that stopped his mother drive a sword through her lower abdomen.

"Stop!" Merlin whispers as he fades into unconsciousness.

.o0O0o.

Merlin wakes up gasping for breath as he shakes away the memories of that terrible day twelve years ago. He was only five years old when King Orin came and took him away from Ealdor. Twelve years since his mom was killed in front of him, and only four since he escaped the Hellhole that was Nimori. 

A/N
Well what do you think I might have another chapter up today or tomorrow since I'm bored and got nothin to do. BYEEE😄😊

Edited on July 7