That's Impossible

Heyy guys. I'm not dead!!!

 I would've gotten this up sooner but I injured my wrist while tumbling and couldn't really type

I would've gotten this up sooner but I injured my wrist while tumbling and couldn't really type. But it's up now Yayyyyyy. Welp enjoy. 

Walking towards the courtyard with Arthur at his heels, Merlin looks around searching through the haze of people trying to see if any of them look familiar. Being completely honest, Merlin was kinda happy to be back, as much as he hated being here, this was his home through and through. Merlin wanted to know who was still here, it wasn't uncommon for the assassins to be killed through their years, and it was these people who made this place somewhat bearable. Even though right now he would rather be anywhere else, it was nice to see his old home once again.

Passing between the dorms, Merlin watches as Arthur takes in the state of the small buildings littered throughout. Each dorm was about ten feet wide and 15 feet long, in each was only one room. Two sets of bunk beds lined on each of the long walls, with one trunk each in front of the beds, then there's the one small table centered a few feet ahead of the beds. Once Arthur was done taking a look in the dorm he steps back and notices the number on the door, 32A. Looking over at Merlin he asks, "This is where you lived growing up?"

"Yeah, this dorm too," Merlin says while staring at the dorm before backing up and walking towards an opening in the center of all the dorms, "Come on." With Arthur on his heels, they reach the training yard. Targets lined up on the far end while archers and knife throwers stand at the far end; completely taking up the whole yard except for a large section in the middle which looked like it was cleared out for hand to hand and sword fighting. Standing in the section cut out for fighting was Dagger, Phantom, and Fang. Once the three in the middle notice Merlin and Arthur standing off to the side they wave them over. Subconsciously, Merlin starts towards his old friends- walking straight into the line of fire for any archers and knife throwers. Acting quickly, Arthur grabs Merlin's wrist and yanks him out of the line of fire. "Watch it Merlin, or we both won't be leaving here together," Arthur says looking Merlin sternly in the eye trying to figure out what is up with him. Looking at Arthur incredulously, Merlin says, " Arthur how exactly do you plan on getting from here to there?"

"Well, not by walking through a storm of people throwing and aiming things at my head!" Arthur snaps at Merlin like he's crazy for even entertaining such an idea. That's when Merlin smiles at Arthur, the very same shit-eating grin he's well-known for, "What, Arthur, I thought you trusted me." Turning away Merlin gestures to the spot right next to him before he starts to walk forward. Hurrying to catch up, Arthur walks cautiously next to Merlin as they walk through the flying projectiles currently being launched at their heads. And just as they reach the edge of the section, a knife came flying through the air right towards Merlin's head. Just as Arthur notices the dangerous projectile flying right towards his friends head and starts to warn him, Merlin turns toward the blade and catches it in between his hands before it goes through his head. Then he turns and wipes it towards the target on the other end of the field, before going back to walking into the sparing center. As Arthur goes to follow Merlin into the sparing center he notices the target Merlin threw the knife at; the knife sits right in the middle of the bullseye.

"So decided to show the arrogant King what an actual army looks like," Danny says looking at Arthur with disgust. Smirking Merlin says, "No, I came to show him how his 'idiot' servant can beat his ass in an actual fight." Arthur looks over at Merlin stunned that he would even want to start a fight with anybody since last time he lost. Laughing at the King's face, Danny goes over to the sword rack and selects two swords before walking back over to the group. Handling the swords to Merlin and Arthur, Danny smiles excitedly ready to see his friend fight once more before they go on their next mission.

Twirling the sword in his hand, Merlin takes a few steps back away from Arthur before dropping down into a fighting stance. Arthur, having seen Merlin confidently drop into his stance, goes into his stance cautiously. Upon seeing that each other are ready they both start to circle each other waiting for the other to make the first move. Then just as they were going to circle each other for the third time, Merlin charges toward Arthur in a move that would have been seen as reckless if you hadn't known his skill and him use this particular move before. Arthur moves to dodge the move just as Merlin sticks his foot out and knocks the King on his royal ass. Laughing with the others that were watching, Merlin makes a move to help Arthur up off the ground but as Arthur grabs his hand, Arthur swings his legs out to knock Merlin down to the floor. And just as Arthur's legs come seconds from taking Merlin down, Merlin hops over his legs and smirks down at him. "You really think I would've fell for my own trick." Merlin says still holding out his hand to help Arthur. Taking his hand, Arthur stands up looking over at the assassins smiles before saying, "I guess I could learn a thing or two from you guys."

"Yeah, well we'll have to show you some things later. Right now we need to prepare to for the mission. I mean, Merlin's good but out of practice, especially if we're going to kill that precious Queen of yours, Gwen." Jake says knowing full well that Merlin never told Arthur that they were tasked to kill the Queen.

Well that's that. Hope it was worth the wait and I'll try to get the next chapter up sooner so don't hate. BYYYYEEEEEE🤓🤓🤓

 BYYYYEEEEEE🤓🤓🤓