we meet again -

It was early morning. The sun had just barely risen above the horizon and hardly anyone was at Dogwood park spare for a few joggers. This was Shannon's favorite time to walk because there was hardly anyone and she never encountered anyone she knew. However, the only person she really wanted to avoid was her boyfriend. This was her time of peace and quiet, her time for thinking.

"Shannon!" a voice called. It was all too familar for Shannon to ignore. She whirled around to come face to face with someone she had thought she'd never see again. Joseph. Joseph had been her best friend even before preschool. They were inseparable and quite the unstoppable duo. They would prank the adults in the worst way whether it be painting the toilet seats black or stopping the washing machines and emptying out their Kool-Aid packets into the whites. She thought she'd never lose him until just the last year when he moved away. She thought she'd never recover.

"Joseph?" she said in response, temporarily stunned.

"Yeah," Joseph said, his eyes cast toward the ground.

"What are you doing here? I thought you transferred schools or something like that," she stated unable to hide the hurt from her voice.

"I did, but it was only for a year. I'm back," he said with that irresistible smile of his.

Shannon almost fell for that smile again, but then she remembered the long nights she had stayed up crying, wondering why he had left her. "That's nice," she answered, holding up her arm. Her watch read 7:21. "I've actually got to go. My mom must be wondering where I am. I'll see you around. I guess." Before he could say anything, she ran off. As she turned into the next street, she wondered if he had seen right through her lie. She exhaled in relief when she didn't see him whenever she turned around. Just at that moment, her phone vibrated. She pulled out her phone. It was a message from Shane, her boyfriend. Normally, you were supposed to feel a rush of excitement when your boyfriend texted you, but Shannon felt nothing. She texted back slowly unsure of what to say in reponse. He wanted to know where she was, but she didn't want him to know. She didn't want anything from him.

~

Shory first chapter but this story is not supposed to recieve my full efforts attt all. Dedicted to one of my fav ships HA