CHAPTER1 The New Home

The first few weeks of living here were abit unsettling at first, it still is but im used to it now. At times during some nights the power will go out due to the extreme weather outside and i have to use a lantern and candles, I dont mind using them. In fact i like useing lanterns and candles. its quiet and peaceful living out here. although i sometimes miss being around my friends and the comfort of my girlrfiend's arms and using my voice, ever since i left i had not spoken a word at all to anyone not even to myself. Sometime after i had fallen asleep i walked down to my kitchen to look out the windows to admire the glorious view of the surrounding winter covered woods. As i watched the snow fall so gracefully to the ground and slowly covering everything in its path, its so calming to watch as i continue to watch as i slowly fell asleep. As the snow makes its way down, i saw something move between the trees, something big. I get up from my chair to go investigate what i saw. As soon as i walked through the door the time went from night to day in an instant.
As curious and horrified as i was i decided to open and close the door to see if time would go back, but it didnt so i ran to where i saw the "thing" was. No surprise it had disappeared. I noticed a teared piece of clothing, it wasnt it was soft and thin i have never felt anything like that before. I put it in my pocket and decided to look around again to see if i could find anything els. But before i could get back up on my feet i woke up back in my chair staring out the window at the still falling snow. I looked at the time. Eleven-fifty, What the hell just happened? I thought to myself as i remembered the cloth i had found qondering if it was still in my picket. I reached for my pocket, i pulled out the cloth i had put in my pocket in my dream. I ran up to my stufy to put it in my desk for safekeeping. through out the rest of my day i could see things in the corner of my eyes. In my spare time i like to write stories, draw. If im not doing any of those things im probably sleeping or wondering what lurks around every corner. By the time night came around The power had gone out like usual, i go and get my lantern, light all the candles im going to use and sit in my kitchen listening. Hark, i heard a faint footstep coming from the room above. Must be my study, i checked my lantern to see if still had oil in it. No, no oil in it. I grabbed a candle and ran to my study and saw that it looked like someone had frantically ran through it and made a mess of everything. As midnight approached things had gotten more strange and unsettling. For example, I can see more shadows and big dark figures lurking around in the dark night. I glanced at the clock, ten-thirty its been a strange and unsettling night so i guess i should go to bed before anything els happens.